× Members

ESA50

More
11 years 7 months ago #92425 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50
ESA wrote:

Hi Gordon, I don't even know if there is going to be a hearing, having had nothing other than the decision notice telling me they accept my appeal and asking the Secretary of State to supply a full submission of evidence including my previous ESA50's, which I have a copy of on my pc so will just reprint and send to them. It could be that its just re-assessment time :(

ESA appeals are probably taking 7-8 months from when the Tribunal Service are sent you papers.

Have you received an evidence pack from the DWP yet?

If not, then I would wait before supplying the ESA50 to the TS, as the DWP are required to submit their case and evidence first and you don't want to let them off of the hook for doing this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ESA
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92437 by ESA
Replied by ESA on topic Re:ESA50
Hi Gordon, I have received, from the Tribunal, the evidence I supplied when I appealed along with a schedule of evidence and a list of notes relating to the case, date created Note or Signioficant Event as in Sept 09 when I told them the NHS had terminated my employment due to ill health.
Should I expect more?
Atos are asking me to return the ESA50 by 26th Oct

• Issie
11 years 7 months ago #92445 by Issie
Replied by Issie on topic Re:ESA50
As I am sat in the tribunal with my son only 2 days ago the same day the DWP and Atos send out another ESA50 to fill in, it arrived this morning. We won the tribunal - I am assuming they haven't yet received the Tribunal decision so I have sent a copy of the decision to them - surely we don't have to fill another ESA 50 again?

More
11 years 7 months ago #92446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50
ESA wrote:

Hi Gordon, I have received, from the Tribunal, the evidence I supplied when I appealed along with a schedule of evidence and a list of notes relating to the case, date created Note or Signioficant Event as in Sept 09 when I told them the NHS had terminated my employment due to ill health.
Should I expect more?
Atos are asking me to return the ESA50 by 26th Oct

OK, just to make sure that we seperate the ESA50 from your previous assessment and this new one. The new one needs to be returned as instructed and cannot be used in connection with your current appeal.

If the DWP have not included your previous ESA50 in the evidence that they have sent to the Tribunal Service, then you should not feel obliged to provide a copy, however, if you believe that making it available would benefit your claim, then you should do so as part of your evidence. The DWP are required to supply all documents used to make their Decision, if the ESA50 is omitted then they are in effect saying that they did not use to make that Decision, which may be to your advantage.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #92448 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:ESA50
It depends, Issie. Some tribunals have started making recommendations regarding when the claimant should be reassessed. However, this is only advisory and we do not yet know whether DWP are going to abide by this.

In your case, it is probably worth phoning DWP to see whether you need to continue with the reassessment process.

• Issie
11 years 7 months ago #92449 by Issie
Replied by Issie on topic Re:ESA50
Hi MHB

The tribunal recommended he wasn't to be reassessed for 24 months - I did phone the DWP and they told me to send a copy of the Tribunal decision - I am hoping that is the end of it - since the day they sent out the forms I was at the Tribunal - but nothing they do makes sense anymore :dry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.