× Members

fit note

More
11 years 11 months ago #92473 by chunkie
fit note was created by chunkie
i have sent an appeal off on 14/9/12 after receiving a letter from dwp dated 3/9/12 saying that my last payment would be #/10/12. when sending off my appeal i didnt send any fit-notes off with it as i didnt realise i would need to. as i havent had to request a fit note for a few years (as i was previously on incapacity before trying to migrate to esa), i am now worried what a fit note would have written on it, for example i see a mental health profession not at my gp, will the doctor have up to date info on this? or will the fit note simply state that the doctor finds me unfit for work without them having to reason (theres alot the doctor does have on record for other things but im worried that the fit note may be compared to my esa claim and that they dont hold up to date records on my mental health side)

i am also worried that i have left the fit note too late, as my last ib payment is next week, i assumed that as i was appealing i would automatically get appeal rate esa a fortnight later, i realise that this may not be possible now as i have not provided a fit note as of yet. do i still have time as the decision letter was dated 3/9/12, is there also a months deadline to submit the fit-note to have a continuous payment? and also what date should i get the doctor to do this fit note from? i understand that it cant be a future date, so do i get him to date it from tomorrow or back date it to the date that i submitted the appeal? or to the date the decision letter was dated? thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #92477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:fit note
Chunkie

As you are appealing a Fit for Work Decision you will be required to provide Fit Notes until a new Decision on your claim is made.

I am afraid there is no way we can know whether your GP has up to date information from your MH professional, if you were referred to this person by your GP then they should receive regular updates on your treatment, however, if you have visited this person on your own then it is unlikely that they will have informed your GP. The only way you will know is to contact your GP

If your GP is unable to, or unwilling to provide a Fit Note then it may be that this MH professional is able to provide one.

In either case it should be possible to back date the Fit Note to coincide with the closing of your IB.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #92481 by chunkie
Replied by chunkie on topic Re:fit note
ok thanks, so i need to get the fit note dated as of tomorrow then really as my ib claim closes next week? have i left enough time to send it off and get it in their systems or is my money likely to have a break? also will they contact me to tell me if im able to get assessment rate esa or will i only know when its time to be paid?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 11 months ago #92489 by Gordon
chunkie wrote:

ok thanks, so i need to get the fit note dated as of tomorrow then really as my ib claim closes next week? have i left enough time to send it off and get it in their systems or is my money likely to have a break? also will they contact me to tell me if im able to get assessment rate esa or will i only know when its time to be paid?

It often takes 2-3 weeks before payments are re-instated, you should receive a standard notice of payment, telling you how much you will be paid from the DWP once payments start.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 11 months ago #92491 by chunkie
Replied by chunkie on topic Re:fit note
sorry to ask again but have i realistically left enough time to go get the fit note tomorrow and get it sent off before they're on my case, feel like they may find any reason to not pay someone

More
11 years 11 months ago #92493 by Gordon
chunkie wrote:

sorry to ask again but have i realistically left enough time to go get the fit note tomorrow and get it sent off before they're on my case, feel like they may find any reason to not pay someone

If you are entitled to the Assessment rate then you will receive it, there is usually some break in payment simply because of the way that the DWP systems work, just get it to them as quickly as possible.

Remember to take copy of the Fit Note and at the very least, get a certificate of posting for the letter.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.