× Members

Tribunal Guidence

• myshrinkismad
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92573 by myshrinkismad
Tribunal Guidence was created by myshrinkismad
Hi, ive read yet cant find my answer on the forum, if its here please direct me,
how can i myself initiate a tribunal?

i have been on DLA for 12 yrs, last year found out i was entitled to IS , i filled out the forms, and due to incompetence at jobcentre plus which i had proof for they gave me wrong info.

I asked for a backdating claim to may 2011 ( when they gave me missleading info )

they denied.

I then sent in an appeal and won. however, they didnt tell me they had overridden there decision, they just paid me.

they didnt back date the claim until may 2011. they paid from january 2012.

i called them and asked for a letter, which they sent.

does anyone know how i can initiate a tribunal,?

as by paying me have they not accepted some responsibility?

thank you

Myshrink

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92576 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Tribunal Guidence
myshrinkismad

As you are new can I ask you to read the following FAQ

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The answer to your question is actually in the list of FAQs you scrolled through in order to create this post :)

See

How to submit an appeal

You don't say what Decision you are hoping to appeal and what the date of it is, but you normally have one month to lodge an appeal from the date of the Decision, however, it is possible to lodge a late appeal (upto 13 months), if you can also provide Good Reason why the appeal is late.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92579 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Tribunal Guidence
myshrinkismad wrote:

Hi, ive read yet cant find my answer on the forum, if its here please direct me,
how can i myself initiate a tribunal?

i have been on DLA for 12 yrs, last year found out i was entitled to IS , i filled out the forms, and due to incompetence at jobcentre plus which i had proof for they gave me wrong info.

I asked for a backdating claim to may 2011 ( when they gave me missleading info )

they denied.

I then sent in an appeal and won. however, they didnt tell me they had overridden there decision, they just paid me.

they didnt back date the claim until may 2011. they paid from january 2012.

i called them and asked for a letter, which they sent.

does anyone know how i can initiate a tribunal,?

as by paying me have they not accepted some responsibility?

thank you

Myshrink

Hi Ms,

We do not really advise on IS, however I think that there may be a limit of 3 months on any backpay that the DWP can pay. You should check this with CAB or similar agency, see :

Where to get advice?

Further if you can show that you have suffered maladministration at the hands of the DWP, you may be entitled to compensation, see :

Complaining to the DWP

bro58

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92581 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Tribunal Guidence
Further Ms, if the "misleading info" that you quote was verbal and not in writing you would be hard pressed to prove it, unless the converstaion was over the phone and it was recorded.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris