× Members

DLA appeal additional evidence

• Trundles
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92728 by Trundles
DLA appeal additional evidence was created by Trundles
Wondering if anyone could help with this one.
Im getting additional info for my appeal my concern is this, I put my dla renual application in in jan but started seeing a ot in nov she has carried out some tests early this year and i want to use this info in my appeal there is no date in the letter saying when this test was carried out but im concerned that the appeal will say this info is after my application. The atos dr said he had carried out these tests (he had not) at my medical, so the results from my ot are very important. Hope this makes sense

msny thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92731 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA appeal additional evidence
Trundles wrote:

Im getting additional info for my appeal my concern is this, I put my dla renual application in in jan but started seeing a ot in nov she has carried out some tests early this year and i want to use this info in my appeal there is no date in the letter saying when this test was carried out but im concerned that the appeal will say this info is after my application. The atos dr said he had carried out these tests (he had not) at my medical, so the results from my ot are very important. Hope this makes sense

msny thanks

Hi T,

Any reviewing DWP Decision Maker, or Appeals Tribunal Panel, will only consider evidence that was relevant at the time of the adverse decision that you are appealing.

You would have to show that any new evidence that you may submit was pertinent at the time of the adverse decision.

bro58

• Trundles
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92734 by Trundles
Replied by Trundles on topic Re:DLA appeal additional evidence
many thanks for that I shall look to see when the decision was mad as I think my ot report was about the same time. I think this info was pertinent at the time of the decision as mu condition has not changed.

great site thanks for all your help through this horrid process ;)

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #92736 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA appeal additional evidence
Trundles wrote:

many thanks for that I shall look to see when the decision was mad as I think my ot report was about the same time. I think this info was pertinent at the time of the decision as mu condition has not changed.

great site thanks for all your help through this horrid process ;)

Hi T,

It is worth a try. :)

Good luck, please return and let us know how you get on.

Thanks also for the complimentry comments regarding B&W. :)

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #92758 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA appeal additional evidence
Trundles wrote:

msny thanks

It is important that any reports dated after the Decision was made, clearly identify that they refer to you condition at the time of the Decision, if they do not, it is likely that the Tribunal will not consider them as evidence at your hearing.

If the reports do not make this clear, you should use the time before the hearing to try and get an additional letter from your OT confirming the period their report applies to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.