× Members

Sorry not sure where to post this

• sarannie
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #92886 by sarannie
Sorry not sure where to post this was created by sarannie
I am sole carer for my chronically ill husband. We're on benefits - the whole raft - and simply cannot afford to lose the child benefit and tax credits we get for our son while he's in full time education. If he can find an apprenticeship will we still get the benefits as I realise he'll be earning a small amount - approx £90 pw? I should mention the apprenticeship would be a level 3 NVQ in childcare - I don't know if it makes a difference what the trade is. At present he's in college but hates it.
I don't know how we'd be able to manage without the CB and CTC we get for him and if we ask him to make up the amount he'll be left with little incentive to keep going.
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #92887 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Sorry not sure where to post this
sarannie wrote:

I am sole carer for my chronically ill husband. We're on benefits - the whole raft - and simply cannot afford to lose the child benefit and tax credits we get for our son while he's in full time education. If he can find an apprenticeship will we still get the benefits as I realise he'll be earning a small amount - approx £90 pw? I should mention the apprenticeship would be a level 3 NVQ in childcare - I don't know if it makes a difference what the trade is. At present he's in college but hates it.
I don't know how we'd be able to manage without the CB and CTC we get for him and if we ask him to make up the amount he'll be left with little incentive to keep going.
Many thanks

I am really sorry but we are not in a position to advise on Child Benefit and Tax Credits.

I would suggest you get face to face advice, see

Where to get advice?

or Google "welfare advice" with your town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #92888 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Sorry not sure where to post this
I am sorry, we do not deal with queries regarding child benefit and tax credits on this site.

Where to get advice

Sorry - x post with Gordon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta. Reason: x post

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.