× Members

Incapacity to ESA success, but no end date...?

More
11 years 7 months ago #93050 by jimf123
Hello everyone. My wife has just received a letter confirming that she will be moved from Incapacity Benefit to the Support Group within ESA, much to our relief. The award letter does not have any expiry/reassessment date on it. Can anyone advise if this is normal or if and when we could expect to be reassessed? I have read others on the forum say that they have been awarded EMA but for a fixed period of time.

Many thanks for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93053 by Gordon
jimf123 wrote:

Hello everyone. My wife has just received a letter confirming that she will be moved from Incapacity Benefit to the Support Group within ESA, much to our relief. The award letter does not have any expiry/reassessment date on it. Can anyone advise if this is normal or if and when we could expect to be reassessed? I have read others on the forum say that they have been awarded EMA but for a fixed period of time.

Many thanks for any advice.

ESA is awarded indefinitely but claimants should expect to be re-assessed on a regular basis, see

How often will I be reviewed

The DWP base re-assessment dates on the prognosis contained in the ATOS ESA85 report if your wife had a medical, and the ESA85A if she did not. You can request this from your local DWP office over the phone or in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #93055 by bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago #93056 by jimf123
Thanks Gordon, thanks bro58...I'll ask for a copy of the form. Much appreciated...

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris