× Members

upper tribunal decisions

• pauline17
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #93058 by pauline17
upper tribunal decisions was created by pauline17
If the secretary of state supports your appeal and consents to a decision without reasons the upper tribunal may set aside the first tier tribunal decision without giving reasons if you also consent to a decision without reasons.
Which box do i tick, I consent to the upper tribunal judge giving a decision without reasons,
I do not consent to the upper tribunal judge giving a decision without reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93060 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:upper tribunal decisions
pauline17 wrote:

If the secretary of state supports your appeal and consents to a decision without reasons the upper tribunal may set aside the first tier tribunal decision without giving reasons if you also consent to a decision without reasons.
Which box do i tick, I consent to the upper tribunal judge giving a decision without reasons,
I do not consent to the upper tribunal judge giving a decision without reasons.

Does the Secretary of State support your appeal to the Upper Tribunal?

If they do, then do you want to know how the Judge arrived at their Decision.

If they don't, then I would think that the question is not applicable.

Have you tried to get face to face advice on appealing to the Upper Tribunal, we are extremely limited in the assistance we can give?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 7 months ago #93061 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:upper tribunal decisions
Difficult to answer ! If you tick the box not consenting to the Upper Tribunal Judge giving their decision without reason, it will delay their judgement considerably, since the UT Judge will have to write up reasons for their decision. Currently UT's decisions are way behind due to so many
First-tier Tribunal errors of law.

I think only you can decide which box to tick, unless another moderator(s) wishes to comment.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris