× Members

ESA50 Harrassment

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #93606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50 Harrassment
tango wrote:

I was transferred from incapacity benefit to esa after a medical assessment(april) at the end of august and placed in the wrag group for 12 months.At the beginning of the month i received a esa50 form to fill in. I rang the dwp to ask why they had sent me a esa50 form so soon and they told me they would ring me back the next day which they never did. So i wrote to them two weeks ago and i haven't had a reply yet.
Today i received a reminder saying if i dont return the form by the end of the month then my benefit will be stopped. Looks like i am just going to have to fill the form in and hope for the best.

Unless you have it in writing from the DWP, you cannot assume that you do not need to complete and return an ESA50 if you receive one.

The following FAQs may be of help.

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

How often will I be reviewed

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #93607 by tango
Replied by tango on topic Re:ESA50 Harrassment
Dont mean to be a pain gordon dont you mean you must return the form you put you dont have to return the form

More
11 years 7 months ago #93609 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA50 Harrassment
tango wrote:

Dont mean to be a pain gordon dont you mean you must return the form you put you dont have to return the form

:blush: Sorry rushing to cook dinner!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Issie
11 years 7 months ago #93634 by Issie
Replied by Issie on topic Re:ESA50 Harrassment
Hi

Just wanted to say two days after the tribunal (son moved to SG from Wrag with a recommendation he should not be re-assessed for 2 years) we got another dreaded ESA50 form.

I rang Atos (twice just to make sure) and was told to do it all over again - of course Gordon had told me that too - but I was hoping not to have to do it all again:-(

But as it was we had to (and thx Gordon for re-assuring me on that am still waiting on WRO to ring me back about it!)

Anyway I sent another ESA50 together with tribunal decision and all the evidence from professionals as well as submissions etc. That was 3 weeks ago. Not heard anything since but am hoping that the DWP will see sense?

I have written to MP because it is absurd that we have to go through it again 2 days after winning appeal - 'computer says so' - because it has been 12 months - but you would think that when someone lodges an appeal - the DWP would have mechanisms in place - and wait to find out the result of the appeal before sending out another ESA50? it's crazy that it took so long to get to the tribunal! - before the 'computer' sends out another ESA 50.

Issie :S

More
11 years 7 months ago #93741 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic Re:ESA50 Harrassment
Thanks for all your comments.

Just to update, last week, my sister and I spoke to the DWP who said it could possibly be an error but he was going to email Atos and get them to write to my sister with an explanation. He said it would take about 4 or 5 days but somehow I just can't imagine them writing to say 'oh sorry - we made a mistake' or even writing at all

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.