× Members

Re Home Visit for DLA Assessment

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #94044 by dilys
Re Home Visit for DLA Assessment was created by dilys
Dear Gordon

I am the lady you advised about the appalling treatment I received from a Doctor who humiliated me, at my Tribunal for Esa. I followed through on your advice and I requested for the Original decision to be set aside. The Request went to a District Judge who agreed. Everything went ahead, but on the Morning of the Second Tribunal I had a phone call from the Clerk of the Court explaining that The Panel had decided that the Medical Information was so Strong,that I was being placed into the Support Group.

You can imagine I cried with Relief. Thank you all from the Bottom of my heart for all the Support and Help received from your Superb Team of Advisors. My only problem is that straight after winning the ESA Tribunal, I was assessed for my DLA, because my health has deteriorated. I was awarded Higher Mobility and Lower Care. My Benefits Advisor suggested we ask for a Reconsideration for Middle Care, because I need a lot of help from my Husband, I have Severe Cervical Spondylitis, OsteoArthritis throughout my Body and Fibromyalgia, which collectively severely affects my day to day living.

The DWP sent along a Doctor to assess me. The Outcome was I lost everything, all that was stated on the Day the doctor had reported inaccurately. We have Applied for another Reconsideration and Submitted six further pieces of Medical Evidence including Letters from My Consultants who have stated all my Conditions are Irreversible and Permanent and will only get worse.

The Question I would like to know is, I have been told that to receive the ESA component for Mobility which I have received, is a Harder Test to Pass, than the Dla Criteria Is that true?, and do you think that it will have a Positive effect on the Decision Maker's Decision, because if I am Forced to attend another Tribunal it seems ridiculous after only just passing one for ESA.

Thank you All.
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: Edited into paragraphs for clarity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #94054 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Re Home Visit for DLA Assessment
Dilys

Congratulations on winning your appeal without you having to attend.

Yes, the ESA Mobility test is more strict than that for DLA, the walking requirement is similar, but currently there is little ESA Case Law in this area, so factors such as the speed of walking and your gait are not exxplicity considered.

The problem you have is that this DLA medical report is new, whereas the Tribunal Decision was based on your condition some time ago. The positive aspect is that it very rare for an ESA result to be effected by a DLA medical report, I can only remember one example in more than two years of moderating.

You can certainly submit the Tribunal result as evidence to any appeal you make regarding your DLA, if you can also show that the your condition has not improved in the interim it will certainly help towards your case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102386 by dilys
Replied by dilys on topic Re:Re Home Visit for DLA Assessment
Dear Gordan
I wanted to share my news, after 8 long months I attended the Tribunal for my DLA on the 8th of April, and have been so exhausted with pain and fatigue that I could not respond until today. The Judge reinstated my award of Higher rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care.Fortunately they could see for themselves how bad the flair ups are, because I had lots of swelling in various joints for them to visibly see for themselves including a representative from the DWP and I was in a lot of pain and stiffness which affected my Mobility greatly. It is interesting because as I explained to the Judge I was exactly the same on the day of the Examination last August with lots of swelling, pain and stiffness and exhaustion, but the HCP from AtOS who conducted the assessment did not bother to examine me Properely and I believe was determined by what he wrote to fail me from the onset. This as you know is my second Tribunal for Mobility, the Judge was very annoyed that the DWP had not updated the ESA win on Mobility grounds, as he stated it was totally contradictory, that I passed one Tribunal for my ESa, and a doctor then states there is no evidence to suggest significant mobility issues, despite ther being 13 pieces of Compelling Medical Evidence stating my Medical Condition is permanent and irreversible and will only deteriorate further. What a waste of Taxpayers Money! I wanted to say how I was so fortunate to have found your Web Site the Guidance is second to none and so Professional. A huge Thank You to You Gordan and to All of your associates who so tirelessly give of their time, and to my Wonderful Macmilan Benefits Team who were so supportive on the day and in the lead up to the tribunal.
With Much Appreciation
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102389 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Re Home Visit for DLA Assessment

dilys wrote: Dear Gordan
I wanted to share my news, after 8 long months I attended the Tribunal for my DLA on the 8th of April, and have been so exhausted with pain and fatigue that I could not respond until today. The Judge reinstated my award of Higher rate Mobility and Lower Rate Care.Fortunately they could see for themselves how bad the flair ups are, because I had lots of swelling in various joints for them to visibly see for themselves including a representative from the DWP and I was in a lot of pain and stiffness which affected my Mobility greatly. It is interesting because as I explained to the Judge I was exactly the same on the day of the Examination last August with lots of swelling, pain and stiffness and exhaustion, but the HCP from AtOS who conducted the assessment did not bother to examine me Properely and I believe was determined by what he wrote to fail me from the onset. This as you know is my second Tribunal for Mobility, the Judge was very annoyed that the DWP had not updated the ESA win on Mobility grounds, as he stated it was totally contradictory, that I passed one Tribunal for my ESa, and a doctor then states there is no evidence to suggest significant mobility issues, despite ther being 13 pieces of Compelling Medical Evidence stating my Medical Condition is permanent and irreversible and will only deteriorate further. What a waste of Taxpayers Money! I wanted to say how I was so fortunate to have found your Web Site the Guidance is second to none and so Professional. A huge Thank You to You Gordan and to All of your associates who so tirelessly give of their time, and to my Wonderful Macmilan Benefits Team who were so supportive on the day and in the lead up to the tribunal.
With Much Appreciation

Hi d,

I am sorry to hear that you had to suffer so much in attending the Tribunal.

However, I am very pleased that you were successful. :)

Well done for fighting for your entitlement.

Thanks for letting us all know, and thank you for your kind words regarding all at B&W.

Macmillan are a godsend !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.