× Members

Get it in Writing update on WFI

More
11 years 7 months ago #94225 by clearwater
Get it in Writing update on WFI was created by clearwater
My mental health professional phoned on my behalf to postpone my WFI as I simple would not be able to cope, they said no
problem, after my situation was explained they agreed to postpone the WFI for 6 months.
I received a letter from DWP a day later saying it was rebooked for a months time. So be careful, dont take anything at face value over the phone request in writing what they agreed to.

Get it in writing no matter how pleasant and agreeable they sound on the phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Get it in Writing update on WFI
clearwater wrote:

My mental health professional phoned on my behalf to postpone my WFI as I simple would not be able to cope, they said no
problem, after my situation was explained they agreed to postpone the WFI for 6 months.
I received a letter from DWP a day later saying it was rebooked for a months time. So be careful, dont take anything at face value over the phone request in writing what they agreed to.

Get it in writing no matter how pleasant and agreeable they sound on the phone.

Unfortunately the DWP sees these situations as black and white, when the reality is that they are usually grey, if you are in the WRAG, then by definition you must be fit enough to perform work related activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.