× Members

IB , contributory NI and form ESA50

• brendas
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #94266 by brendas
IB , contributory NI and form ESA50 was created by brendas
I have been on IB for over three years and am due to fill in my LCW questionnaire. I have three questions to ask and would be very grateful for any help.

Firstly, I have not paid any NI contributions since being on IB. Does this automatically mean that I will not be eligible for contribution based ESA and will only be assessed under income related ESA (which would then presumably take into account my husbands' earnings)?

Secondly, after completion of the LCW questionnaire (ESA50) will I then be sent a different questionnaire for the LCWRA assessment or is it all assessed on the ESA50?

Lastly, will my existing level of IB be protected for the first 12 weeks of the assessment process? If so, will it automatically be reduced after this time?

Many thanks. Really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94271 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:IB , contributory NI and form ESA50
Hi Brenda,

If you are currently on IB, you will be transferred to contributary ESA. The time pent in the Support Group is unlimited but only lasts for 365 days in the Work Related Activity Group (WRAG), after this you would be assessed for income related ESA and your partner's income taken into account.

The ESA50, and face-to-face assessment if you have one, will assess for limited capacity or work and] limited capacity for work related activity.

You will continue to get your IB until a decision is made. If you are awarded ESA your money will not reduce until such a time that ESA had increased to the level of your old IB.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #94278 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB , contributory NI and form ESA50
brendas wrote:

I have been on IB for over three years and am due to fill in my LCW questionnaire. I have three questions to ask and would be very grateful for any help.

Firstly, I have not paid any NI contributions since being on IB. Does this automatically mean that I will not be eligible for contribution based ESA and will only be assessed under income related ESA (which would then presumably take into account my husbands' earnings)?

Secondly, after completion of the LCW questionnaire (ESA50) will I then be sent a different questionnaire for the LCWRA assessment or is it all assessed on the ESA50?

Lastly, will my existing level of IB be protected for the first 12 weeks of the assessment process? If so, will it automatically be reduced after this time?

Many thanks. Really appreciate any help anyone can provide.

As well as MHB's helpful advice, you may find the following FAQ's helpful :

The Transfer Process

&

What will I be transferred to?

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

You may wish to consider : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Using our ESA Claims Guides, here :

ESA Guides

Pertaining to the ESA50, see :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You will find other helpful information in our : ESA FAQ’s

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.