× Members

Initiating Actions Descriptor 13

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94314 by summertrain
Initiating Actions Descriptor 13 was created by summertrain
I'm filling out the ESA50 on the pdf version.

I suffer from CFS and OCD and have real problems getting jobs done at home. My doctor has written in support of this.

However, it occurred to me that ATOS could turn around and say "You completed the ESA50 ok, so that descriptor is not applicable to you!"

Could the fact the form has been completed by me without assistance count against me?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94320 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Initiating Actions Descriptor 13
summertrain wrote:

I'm filling out the ESA50 on the pdf version.

I suffer from CFS and OCD and have real problems getting jobs done at home. My doctor has written in support of this.

However, it occurred to me that ATOS could turn around and say "You completed the ESA50 ok, so that descriptor is not applicable to you!"

Could the fact the form has been completed by me without assistance count against me?

It's certainly possible that this will be considered.

However, you may be able to head this off by explaining how you have been able to complete the form, when I completed mine, I did half an hours work, usually twice a day and it took me just over three weeks to complete (we had six weeks to do it then).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #94324 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:Initiating Actions Descriptor 13

It's certainly possible that this will be considered.

However, you may be able to head this off by explaining how you have been able to complete the form, when I completed mine, I did half an hours work, usually twice a day and it took me just over three weeks to complete (we had six weeks to do it then).

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. That has also been pretty much the case with me, and why I chose to do the pdf version. I have been at this for over a month now, even before I got their ESA50, thanks to this forum's excellent suggestion that I start early on it.

Should I put something to this effect on the ESA50 in the other information section?

More
11 years 7 months ago #94338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Initiating Actions Descriptor 13
summertrain wrote:

Thanks Gordon. That has also been pretty much the case with me, and why I chose to do the pdf version. I have been at this for over a month now, even before I got their ESA50, thanks to this forum's excellent suggestion that I start early on it.

Should I put something to this effect on the ESA50 in the other information section?

I would include it in any section where it might be relevant.

As a general comment to anybody reading this, never be afraid to repeat yourself, you cannot assume that because you have mentioned a problem in answer to one question, that either the ATOS "doctor" or the DWP Decision Maker will make the connection to it being relevant to another question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.