× Members

Benifits Query

• chelle
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94316 by chelle
Benifits Query was created by chelle
I am currently waiting on appeal for DLA , but was wondering as i dont claim sick benifit ,can i claim this without effecting my DLA claim as been advised that with my health conditions i should be intitled to it .. Thank u for any advice given on this
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94328 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Benifits Query
chelle wrote:

I am currently waiting on appeal for DLA , but was wondering as i dont claim sick benifit ,can i claim this without effecting my DLA claim as been advised that with my health conditions i should be intitled to it .. Thank u for any advice given on this

Hi c,

If you are of working age, and can obtain a "fit note"/sick note, (MED 3) from your G.P. you may be able to claim ESA, as seen here :

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/what-youll-get

It is a totally different benefit to DLA, with different,and in some ways more stringent qualifying criteria.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94329 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Benifits Query
chelle wrote:

DLA and ESA, which I assume you are talking about, are not linked and can be claimed without one effecting the other, however, I must warn you, a failed ESA claim can in some cases result in a DLA claim being re-assessed, especially where the Mobility component is involved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• chelle
  • Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #94330 by chelle
Replied by chelle on topic Re:Benifits Query
Ok Thank u , yeah a can obatain a sick note from my GP , just needed to be sure it wont affect my appeal for DLA ..I love this website your are all brill at helping people THANK U

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #94334 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Benifits Query
chelle wrote:

Ok Thank u , yeah a can obatain a sick note from my GP , just needed to be sure it wont affect my appeal for DLA ..I love this website your are all brill at helping people THANK U

Hi c,

Once you have your MED 3, you will also have to fill in an ESA1 form, as seen here : www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/esa1.pdf

If your claim is accepted, you will be in the assessment phase of ESA for around 13 weeks, assessment rate of ESA is around £71, for a single adult.

Around the 13 week period you will have The ESA Works Capability Assessment, it will help to prepare you for this by looking at our : ESA FAQ’s & ESA Guides

Please return to the forum, if you have any further queries.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.