× Members

DLA Where you live

More
11 years 7 months ago #94340 by Kummerzz
DLA Where you live was created by Kummerzz
Hi members

Does DLA depend on a type of property you live in? Can someone claim DLA if they live in a mobile home for example. If you were no fixed abode would you be able to claim DLA? and does this change with PIP.

Boscozz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94347 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:DLA Where you live
DLA awards depend upon one's care and mobility needs, I don't see why it would differ depeding on the type of accomodation one lives in. I don't know how the benefits system works in general for people with no fixed abode, I'm afraid.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 7 months ago #94348 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA Where you live
DLA is a none means-tested benefit paid to chronically sick/disabled people who have mobility and/or care need.

It is paid into a claimants bank or building society account.

Anyone living in a mobile home as their permanent home should have no problems, although
in my opinion someone with no fixed abode would have problems as the DLA Unit in Blackpool need an address and where possible a telephone number for contact in case of a query.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago #94354 by Kummerzz
Replied by Kummerzz on topic Re:DLA Where you live
I guess a postal address and a mobile phone number would suffice as a contact in case of a query? What do you think?

More
11 years 7 months ago #94356 by Kummerzz
Replied by Kummerzz on topic Re:DLA Where you live
Does this change when PIP is introduced?

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 7 months ago #94363 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA Where you live
AS PIP has not yet come into force, I'm afraid I cannot answer your query. You need to cal the DLA Unit in Blackpool on 08457 123456.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.