× Members

Premature dwp information?

More
11 years 7 months ago #94373 by roadrunner
Premature dwp information? was created by roadrunner
This week I phoned DWP for the latest on my ESA. I had a medical couple of weeks ago. I was told that 'nothing has come back yet..' but it looks that we are satisfied that you are unfit for work. I said would thast be support, I was told no it is wrag. So I asked if a decision has been made and was told no. So where did that info come from? if this is true, then will I be sent another ESA50 or simply go straight to JSA? I asked for a prognosis but was told that the information on screen is not showing it. I was told that I should wait a few weeks for a letter.

Thanks for all your help getting this far.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago #94377 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Premature dwp information?
roadrunner wrote:

This week I phoned DWP for the latest on my ESA. I had a medical couple of weeks ago. I was told that 'nothing has come back yet..' but it looks that we are satisfied that you are unfit for work. I said would thast be support, I was told no it is wrag. So I asked if a decision has been made and was told no. So where did that info come from? if this is true, then will I be sent another ESA50 or simply go straight to JSA? I asked for a prognosis but was told that the information on screen is not showing it. I was told that I should wait a few weeks for a letter.

Thanks for all your help getting this far.

Hi rr,

As much misinformation is being given out over the phone by the DWP, I would wait until you receive a written decision notice with regards to your ESA award.

bro58

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94380 by roadrunner
Replied by roadrunner on topic Re:Premature dwp information?
Thanks for the reply Bro58.
After that phone call, I felt all hopes were dashed for being placed in the support group. If I were put into the wrag, and then approaching the 3 month mark to enter the work programme, will I go straight to JSA or remain on ESA until i found suitable work or maybe even sent another ESA50?

Thanks

Hi rr,
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94383 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Premature dwp information?
roadrunner wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bro58.
After that phone call, I felt all hopes were dashed for being placed in the support group. If I were put into the wrag, and then approaching the 3 month mark to enter the work programme, will I go straight to JSA or remain on ESA until i found suitable work or maybe even sent another ESA50?

Thanks

Hi rr,

Hi rr,

Try not to jump the gun as yet, although I fully understand your anxiety.

Rules regarding ESA WRAG recipients, and mandatory participation in WFI's and WRA are changing from 03/12/12, as seen here in The Benefits News Section : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/benefits-news

When your current ESA award (Whatever it may be) is due for re-assessment, you would have to have another assessment before you could be classed as fit for work.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94704 by roadrunner
Replied by roadrunner on topic Re:Premature dwp information?
Just an update to inform others.

Receive a letter this week. I'm in the WRAG with ESA (c). No date for review given. Phoned for medical report. I asked when my review would be, told 12 months. So I assume in 6 months time I could expect the process to start again with a ESA50.

Can anyone tell me if the 12 months I was told will be the prognosis given by the medical report? I assume because the system has that date entered then that certainly is the case, or is it? 6 months seems too short to start this again so I will have to think about this within a month.

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94707 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Premature dwp information?
Well done on getting the DWP to accept that you are not fit for work (and thus being put into WRAG)!

Unlike DLA, ESA is an indefinite award that can be reassessed at any stage - this is why the claimant is not told how long the award is for. The ESA85/85a should give you an idea of which descriptors you met and the 'prognosis' will indicate whe you might expect to be reassessed (with forms sent out aprox 3 months ahead of this). Don't forget that this is only advisory, the reality is that DWP can reassess whenever they want but, all things being equal, you should expect the next ESA50 to land on your mat about 3 months ahead of that time.

There is no knowing whether you were given correct information over the phone. Sadly, DWP telephone centre staff are often woefully undertrained and reports of being given incorrect info are frequent!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.