× Members

Who to contact for time extension returning ESA50?

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94656 by Jean
I have been on Incapacity Benefit but am now in the process of being assessed for eligibility for ESA. I haven’t completed the ESA50 Questionnaire as yet (it’s due back on 10th December).

I have a question (as follows). I would be grateful if someone could help me out :-

Question: My present position is that I received my ESA50 form ( I have been on Incapacity Benefit long-term for both mental health (Depression mainly) and physical health (back and colon) reasons) on Friday 9th of this month - which was the same day I had my first Colonoscopy wherefrom it was discovered that I had Diverticulosis of the Sigmoid colon and 3 polyps were removed (2 of which were from the sigmoid area of the colon and were quite large and "angry-looking", as one of endoscopy nurses described them) which have now been sent off for biopsy to determine whether they are cancerous or benign (which will take at least 3 weeks to get the results and therefore be round about when I should normally be expected to have got my ESA50 form as near as dammit ready for posting back to the blighters ! It occurs to me to write to the St. Austells Jobcentre Plus (which is the appropriate one for me, of course) to let them know that I may need an deadline extension in order to be properly organised as the results could influence the information that it would be appropriate for me to submit.

Can someone please give me their advice on this?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94668 by slugsta
I am afraid that legislation does not allow for an extension of the time allowed to submit the ESA50 :( Make sure you gt it in on time, no matter what you might be told over the phone

How long do I have to submit my ESA50?

You might be better to send the test result in afterwards if you need to.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.