× Members

Reconsideration and extra information

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94662 by PrstnKaren
Reconsideration and extra information was created by PrstnKaren
Hi all

Am asking for reconsideration of WRAG as think I should be in support group and month is up on Monday. Can I send in letter asking for reconsideration and request for all info used in making the decision within the month and state that further information why i want it looking at again will follow within 10 days of date of letter. My brain fogging etc with my M.E has been really bad and have been unable to get info in readable format yet and don't want to miss deadline?

Also where ATOS medical has not awarded points for descriptor when you scored yourself do they have to give reasons on ESA85 form or can they just put descriptor not applicable?

Thank you for all the support and advice you all give- helping to keep me sane and realise i am not alone.
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94670 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Reconsideration and extra information
The important thing is to get your appeal submitted in time. You should outline why you think you should be in the Support Group an state that you will send more info later.

How to submit an appeal

You will find this site's appeal FAQs (and other resources) very helpful.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94686 by PrstnKaren
Replied by PrstnKaren on topic Re:Reconsideration and extra information
Hi sorry to be a pain!

Want to just ask for reconsideration at this stage so can I just ask for this and state desciptor I think applies but say further info re my resons will follow within 10 days?
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #94688 by slugsta
Yes, you are perfectly entitled to just ask for a reconsideration at this stage, although we usually recommend going straight to appeal (a recon is always carried out first as part of an appeal). Do you mindtelling me why you have decided to ask for a recon first?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

More
11 years 7 months ago #94691 by PrstnKaren
Replied by PrstnKaren on topic Re:Reconsideration and extra information
Of course not. I know this will make the process longer if reconsideration is not successful but I don't mind as currently am going through a divorce, have a terminally ill mother and when i can eventually get an appointment for my GP I want to see if there is anyone nearby that I could be refered to re my ME and incontinence that woould then enable me to have medical evidence to submitt as at present it is just my word backed up by my daughters who help care for me.

At my medical the healthcare professional was more interested in the mental descriptors and appears to be in the camp of ME being a mental illness rather than a physical one which can cause mental problems as well. i was even asked if i had suicidal thoughts at my medical and if I suffered from depression.

More
11 years 7 months ago #94693 by slugsta
It is entirey up to you, of course. However, even recons are taking so long that most people have plenty of time to submit extra evidence!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.