ESA form filling and extra submissions

• sally-jane
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96066 by sally-jane
ESA form filling and extra submissions was created by sally-jane
Hiya,
I just wondered when one completes these wonderfully easy well thought out forms which are of course not written and produced to trip us up, god forbid, would it help us if we included any paperwork pertaining to any adaptations to ones property in order to provide extra ideas to ATOS etc on how one is at home and uses their home to show how disabled they really are.
Including assessments from OT's/Local Authority assessments on the property and what they think should be in place in the home to assist one etc. Would any of these things including a local authority disabled plan that they drew up to be in place in the home albeit by a DFG or paid for by the person.
Would it be useful at all to be included in the paperwork one sends with the lovely form.
I thought these things also may help those going for appeal/ tribunals etc.
I have today coming to the house my local authority assessment officer, their OT,their legal officer,disabled grants officer,disabled planning officer and others to re go over the changes they consider needs to be in place to meet my needs.
I do not have to complete another form until next year Easter time, however fore warned is fore armed.
Would this type of info be useful or not for us to incorporate.
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #96067 by
pusscatsmum wrote:

Hiya,
I just wondered when one completes these wonderfully easy well thought out forms which are of course not written and produced to trip us up, god forbid, would it help us if we included any paperwork pertaining to any adaptations to ones property in order to provide extra ideas to ATOS etc on how one is at home and uses their home to show how disabled they really are.
Including assessments from OT's/Local Authority assessments on the property and what they think should be in place in the home to assist one etc. Would any of these things including a local authority disabled plan that they drew up to be in place in the home albeit by a DFG or paid for by the person.
Would it be useful at all to be included in the paperwork one sends with the lovely form.
I thought these things also may help those going for appeal/ tribunals etc.
I have today coming to the house my local authority assessment officer, their OT,their legal officer,disabled grants officer,disabled planning officer and others to re go over the changes they consider needs to be in place to meet my needs.
I do not have to complete another form until next year Easter time, however fore warned is fore armed.
Would this type of info be useful or not for us to incorporate.
Thanks

Hi PCM,

It would certainly do no harm, and may indeed help.

bro58

More
11 years 4 months ago #96087 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:ESA form filling and extra submissions
Hi PCM
when my ESA50 was filled in for me by my carer, we made a point of saying that I'd been moved into a specially adapted bungalow, then went on to list all the adaptations. I got into the support group and on getting the ESA85A back the disability analyist mentioned that I lived in an adapted bungalow, so it may well have registered.
Cheers, Pen.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96178 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:ESA form filling and extra submissions
Hi,

Can a decision be made that if adaptions have been made, then they are improving your limitations, ie if you could not get upstairs, but had a stairlift istalled, then can D/M take look at it as though you have no probs.

I am only looking at this from the self propelling wheelchair scenario!!!

Radhika.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96184 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA form filling and extra submissions
radhika wrote:

Hi,

Can a decision be made that if adaptions have been made, then they are improving your limitations, ie if you could not get upstairs, but had a stairlift istalled, then can D/M take look at it as though you have no probs.

I am only looking at this from the self propelling wheelchair scenario!!!

Radhika.

The ESA tests are in relation to a persons ability to complete an action, whilst you may use a stick or crutches to help you climb the stairs, sitting on a seat and being lifted up the stairs by an electric motor hardly counts as "mount or descend two steps", in a similar vein, pulling the clutch on a motorised scooter is in no way the same as pushing on the wheels of a manual wheelchair.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 4 months ago #96218 by shrinathji
Replied by shrinathji on topic Re:ESA form filling and extra submissions
Thanks for your reply.

Makes perfect sence.

I suppose one has to always bear in mind the ability to perform the descriptors in ESA50 form.

Radhika.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.