× Members

WRAG

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96222 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:WRAG
Does the volunteer work have to be of the JSA's advisor's choosing, or could you suggest a place that you know would use your services?

The problem is that the Government have nominated organisations that are pimping free labour on schemes like these.

I question the legality of the recent changes to the WRAG, which have made it not dissimilar to JSA. It is no longer an option to The Support group, and to be put in the WRAG, in my opinion is to have failed the WCA. In fact, there are some aspects of JSA that are preferable. I especially question the use of it to conveyor belt some really quite poorly people into unpaid labour. Did a bill or amendment to the 2012 WCA bill come before Parliament, as it seems it appeared all of a sudden.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96228 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:WRAG
summertrain wrote:

Does the volunteer work have to be of the JSA's advisor's choosing, or could you suggest a place that you know would use your services?

The problem is that the Government have nominated organisations that are pimping free labour on schemes like these.

I question the legality of the recent changes to the WRAG, which have made it not dissimilar to JSA. It is no longer an option to The Support group, and to be put in the WRAG, in my opinion is to have failed the WCA. In fact, there are some aspects of JSA that are preferable. I especially question the use of it to conveyor belt some really quite poorly people into unpaid labour. Did a bill or amendment to the 2012 WCA bill come before Parliament, as it seems it appeared all of a sudden.

As I understand it, the volunteering must be mutually agreed, so providing the JC+ advisor is happy with the claimants suggestion then there should be no issue.

Volunteering has always been an acceptable practice under the ESA Regulations, I am not aware of there needing to be changes to the legislation, for this practice to be included to included as part of Work Related Activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96229 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:WRAG
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96233 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic Re:WRAG

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2756/made

They make it up as they go along! :laugh:

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #96236 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:WRAG
summertrain wrote:

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/2756/made

They make it up as they go along! :laugh:

Yep !!!! :laugh:

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.