× Members

DLA to PIP

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96230 by sally-jane
DLA to PIP was created by sally-jane
Hi,
I have just read the review data on the thread pertaining to PIP.
I have few questions.

1. Does it mean now that those on life/indefinite awards of DLA will not be looked at until after 2015 to see if they qualify for PIP?

2.The award amounts listed are for those that will be placed in pip when it starts as a new claimant, but those already on DLA will continue with those payments until they are re assessed for PIP after 2015?

thanks
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96234 by
Replied by on topic Re:DLA to PIP
pusscatsmum wrote:

Hi,
I have just read the review data on the thread pertaining to PIP.
I have few questions.

1. Does it mean now that those on life/indefinite awards of DLA will not be looked at until after 2015 to see if they qualify for PIP?

2.The award amounts listed are for those that will be placed in pip when it starts as a new claimant, but those already on DLA will continue with those payments until they are re assessed for PIP after 2015?

thanks

Hi PCM,

1. As the BBC article was only published today, I know little more than what is stated in the article.

Extract from article :

" Esther McVey, a work and pensions minister, told the Commons that the vast majority of these assessments would now be made no earlier than October 2015."

As usual, rather vague.

However, see this extract :

"Timetable for the introduction of PIP

The timetable for PIP is as follows:

•April 2013 – An initial pilot of a few thousand new PIP claims in the North West and parts of the North East of England.

•June 2013 – All new claims will be for PIP.

•October 2013 - Reassessment of anyone whose DLA award is due to end or who report a change in condition and young people who reach the age of 16.

•October 2015 - Full reassessment as part of rolling schedule using a random national selection, including those with a lifetime or indefinite award of DLA .

You will told when your reassessment is due."

From this document : www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f60.htm

Here, in our Spotlights Area : www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...mit=6&start=12#96257

2. The proposed rates of payments for PIP, will be valid from April 2013, in line with the other proposed benefit increases.

These payments should therefore be pertinent until April 2014.

bro58

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 4 months ago #96237 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA to PIP
The answer to your query is in the Spotlights area of the forum PIP FAQ

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96241 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Re:DLA to PIP
Interesting to note the Esther McVey is quoted on MSN this afternoon:

"By October 2015 560,000 DLA claimants will have been assessed. Of these, 160,000 will receive a reduced award; 170,000 will receive no award; 230,000 will receive the sam or more".

Question. If they know these figures already, why on earth are they paying millions to ATOS etc to assess as they already know the outcome?

11 years 4 months ago #96244 by
Replied by on topic Re:DLA to PIP
PC wrote:

Interesting to note the Esther McVey is quoted on MSN this afternoon:

"By October 2015 560,000 DLA claimants will have been assessed. Of these, 160,000 will receive a reduced award; 170,000 will receive no award; 230,000 will receive the sam or more".

Question. If they know these figures already, why on earth are they paying millions to ATOS etc to assess as they already know the outcome?

Hi PC,

I'm surmising that you are indulging in rhetoric, here. :)

bro58

More
11 years 4 months ago #96249 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic Re:DLA to PIP
A serious question bro58. I really don't see the need to assess DLA claimants if the apparently clairvoyant Ms McVey already knows how many will qualify for each level of support. Why is the government wasting all that money on assessments? A question we could all put to our MPs.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.