× Members

Migration from IB to ESA for stamp only

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96245 by Doris
Husband and Wife claim. Husband claims ESA and DLA, partner claims IB (NI stamp only) and DLA. The partner as now received their IB to ESA migration notification.

The question is :
i) Is it worth the partner migrating from IB to ESA when all the receive is their NI stamp ( bearing in mind they are now a carer for their husband, so their stamp is already paid ).
ii) If they chose not to complete the ESA form, will it effect their current DLA award or present any other complications.
ii) Without a successful ESA claim, would the partner be liable to work focused schemes.

Are their any other dis-advantages or advantage to completing or ignoring the ESA migration in the above situation ?

Many thanks

p.s i did ask a similar question a while back,but the search function is unable to locate it.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96260 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Migration from IB to ESA for stamp only
Doris

We can't offer specific advice, such as you require without knowing a lot more about your personal circumstances. which is not appropriate content for the forum, so I am going to receommend that you get face to face advice from your local CAB or Welafre Rights office.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.