× Members

IB to ESA Support Group success without Medical

• Peanutkp
  • Topic Author
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #96272 by Peanutkp
After a long drawn out wait, I've just received a phone call from the DWP to say I've been placed in the support group without the need of a medical.

It is such a relief as everything has been on hold for months, and the whole process has been quite a drain on myself and my wife.

I don't know what I've passed on, but I have severe Crohn's disease (with numerous problems), Polycystic Kidneys/liver, as well as a few other related/non related problems. I bit the bullet and went to town asking every GP and consultant I see for a letter even though I hate doing that kind of thing. I ended up with a mountain of letters.

The info packs from this site really did help with filling in the ESA50 form, even though we thought we were quite experienced in form filling, the ESA50 is something else. So I'd highly recommend subscribing to this site to get access to the very much needed info packs. I'm not sure I would have been successful if it wasn't for the help from this site. So thank you very much for all the info. :)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #96274 by Gordon
Peanut

Congratulations on your award and thanks for letting us know.

You can request your ESA85A, this may give you some idea of which descriptor(s) placed you in the Support Group, it may also give you an idea of when you will next be assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 9 months ago #96278 by sandieleo
Great to hear Peanutkp, Congratulations. Kind regards Sue

• bro58
11 years 9 months ago #96280 by bro58
Great news P :cheer: :cheer:

Just in time for Xmas too.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.