× Members

quite or not qute PIP

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96275 by apples6
quite or not qute PIP was created by apples6
Dear B&W
I think this is a 'strange' one...
I am female om ESA and some DLA
I am due by gov. dictate from Pension Act 1995 subject to equalisation (with men) by Pension Act 1995 to get State Pension
in March 2015 at age 62 1/2 +
I looked at your Spotlight/links on the PIP annpuncement
and one of them(can't remember which one) say re the PIP
they will not be suject to applying/transerring to PIP if they have reached the State Pension Age under the 1995 Pension Act Section 83(1)
Q: I am currently on indefinite DLA award :by October 2015 as in Parl. today indefinite's are being asked if they want to apply for PIP from Oct 2015 and on
so will I /as retired by the Pension Act 1995 age for me/remain on DLA?
If you are not able to answer though I know how wise you all are would you be so kind as to suggest who/where i can get a 'definite' answer from?
May I wish you Seasons Greetings and thanks for all you do
G Wishes
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96279 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:quite or not qute PIP
apples6 wrote:

Dear B&W
I think this is a 'strange' one...
I am female om ESA and some DLA
I am due by gov. dictate from Pension Act 1995 subject to equalisation (with men) by Pension Act 1995 to get State Pension
in March 2015 at age 62 1/2 +
I looked at your Spotlight/links on the PIP annpuncement
and one of them(can't remember which one) say re the PIP
they will not be suject to applying/transerring to PIP if they have reached the State Pension Age under the 1995 Pension Act Section 83(1)
Q: I am currently on indefinite DLA award :by October 2015 as in Parl. today indefinite's are being asked if they want to apply for PIP from Oct 2015 and on
so will I /as retired by the Pension Act 1995 age for me/remain on DLA?
If you are not able to answer though I know how wise you all are would you be so kind as to suggest who/where i can get a 'definite' answer from?
May I wish you Seasons Greetings and thanks for all you do
G Wishes

I'm afraid it is bad news.

The transfer to PIP has never been based on State Retirement Age, although the phrase "working age" is often used, which has confusingly suggested that SRA is involved.

The formal criteria for transfer is whether you will be 65 or more on 8th April 2013, if you are younger than 65 then you should expect to be transferred, if you were older than 65, then you won't.

It's not clear yet, what if any effect today's announcement regarding the potential delay of PIP, will have, but given the SRA you mention in your post, I think you need to resign yourself to being transferred.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.