× Members

I have multiple problems should i get esa

• alyson lane
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96283 by alyson lane
I have multiple problems should i get esa was created by alyson lane
hi hope someone can ease the stress

I have C.R.P.S which causes contant pain in knees i have had a partial knee replacement 2 years ago but i still cant straighten my leg. i walk with crutches but sometimes find that difficult as my hands painful my gp and general surgeon belives i may have fibromyalgia. i also have ibs which i have a pec which is a hole from my cecum though stomach in which i have to put a cathader in and insert a enemma 3 times a week which wipes mr out for up 2 6 hrs at a time. i also am occaisionally (once a week double in continent. i have low thyroid

My god if i was a horse there would shoot me. why are they calling me for an assesment
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96290 by bro58
alyson lane wrote:

hi hope someone can ease the stress

I have C.R.P.S which causes contant pain in knees i have had a partial knee replacement 2 years ago but i still cant straighten my leg. i walk with crutches but sometimes find that difficult as my hands painful my gp and general surgeon belives i may have fibromyalgia. i also have ibs which i have a pec which is a hole from my cecum though stomach in which i have to put a cathader in and insert a enemma 3 times a week which wipes mr out for up 2 6 hrs at a time. i also am occaisionally (once a week double in continent. i have low thyroid

My god if i was a horse there would shoot me. why are they calling me for an assesment

Hi al,

If you read through this recent thread, you will see that it is not the medical conditions in themselves that may give you an award of ESA, moreover it is the resulting limitation, and whether you fulfil the ESA Descriptors :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=95944#95944

Have you contacted your G.P. regarding you having to attend a face to face assessment, sometimes G.P.'s will Fax ATOS on the patient's behalf, stating that they are not capable of attending, it may be worth a try.

Further, you could contact ATOS informing them of the same :

Phone : 0113 230 9175. Or E-Mail : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

You are allowed to rearrange a face to face once, if you could negotiate this with ATOS, it may give you time to liase with your G.P.

If you cannot gain confirmation from ATOS that they are prepared to rearrange, or cancel the face to face, then I am afraid that you will have to attend, or face the possiblity of your benefit being stopped.

If you do have to attend, you are allowed a companion.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.