× Members

Mandatory referral to work programme

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96753 by Ron
Have just had wfi been given mandatory referral to work programme. Told advisor I was going to appeal my wrag decicson. So once appeal is in am I right should not have to do the work programme as below from dwp faqs

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-faqs.pdf

This is faqs on the dwp website November 12

Q. When can customers appealing against decisions on ESA be referred to
the Work Programme?

A. Claimants appealing against their work Capability Assessment (WCA)
outcome are exempt from the Work Programme until the appeal outcome is
known.

Is this correct it is not on the work programme info on benefits and work site that I can see?
Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #96756 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory referral to work programme

Ron wrote: Have just had wfi been given mandatory referral to work programme. Told advisor I was going to appeal my wrag decicson. So once appeal is in am I right should not have to do the work programme as below from dwp faqs

the Work Programme?

known.

Is this correct it is not on the work programme info on benefits and work site that I can see?
Thank you

As we understand it it, this is still correct, however, the DWP have updated their procedures as of 3 December 2012 with regard to forwarding claimants to the Work Programme.

It is also worth noting that this exemption is procedural and not defined in the legislation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ron

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #96757 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Mandatory referral to work programme

Ron wrote: Have just had wfi been given mandatory referral to work programme. Told advisor I was going to appeal my wrag decicson. So once appeal is in am I right should not have to do the work programme as below from dwp faqs

the Work Programme?

known.

Thank you

Hi R,

As far as we are aware this is still correct, although it is only operational procedure, and not legislation.

I did recently query this with Steve, the site owner, he said that we would have to monitor the situation after the new sanction regulations came into force from the 03/12/12.

It is covered in this FAQ :

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.