× Members

DWP fail!

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #97002 by David
DWP fail! was created by David
Two months ago, on 7th November, I won my ESA Appeal and was placed, somewhat to my surprise, in the Support Group.

Just after Christmas, I got a letter from the DWP asking me to renew my GP's medical certificate, which was due to run out on the 28th December. It turned out that the DWP couldn't locate the Tribunal's Decision Notice and I was asked to fax it to my local office, which I did on 28th December.

Today, I got another request for the medical certificate. When I phoned the DWP my questions about the appeal paperwork were ignored and I was told that I would have to provide the certificate. Somebody is going to call from the DWP to explain why.

The local CAB legal advisor who supported my appeal has advised me to comply with the DWP's request, even though it's a pain in the rear (and other places - I have ME), and she has made some phone calls to get this matter sorted out, which may mean waiting another couple of weeks for the money they owe me.

Now that I've calmed down now from the angry state I was in this morning (which doesn't do my ME any good), I've realsied that there is just one little speck of silver in this particular cloud: as long as the appeal hasn't been processed, I won't be invited to an ATOS assessment. Small consolation, but times are hard. :sick:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #97006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP fail!
ID

I have to say that I agree with your CAB's advice.

Whilst you have won your appeal and should not need to provide Fit Notes, until the DWP update their systems you remain awaiting your hearing, these problems can are usually sorted in the long term, but you risk causing yourself considerable aggro in the short term by not complying.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

More
11 years 4 months ago #97007 by David
Replied by David on topic DWP fail!
I have accepted this advice - despite the inconvenience it will cause - but I'm still furious about being mucked about like this, especially as nothing was said about providing a certificate when I phoned after the previous request 2 weeks ago. :angry:

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #97025 by David
Replied by David on topic DWP fail!
:woohoo: Well, there's a turn up for the books! The CAB legal advisor made a couple of phone calls, and I've just been rung by the local DWP who've told me that:

1. they've received another copy of the Decision Notice from the CAB
  2. they're processing it right now
  3. I should hear back from them tomorrow
  4. I don't need to visit my GP after all.
So, panic over (I hope) . Now I need to go and lie down for a while... :S
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago #97030 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DWP fail!

IsaacDavid wrote: :woohoo: Well, there's a turn up for the books! The CAB legal advisor made a couple of phone calls, and I've just been rung by the local DWP who've told me that:

1. they've received another copy of the Decision Notice from the CAB
  2. they're processing it right now
  3. I should hear back from them tomorrow
  4. I don't need to visit my GP after all.
So, panic over (I hope) . Now I need to go and lie down for a while... :S

Hi ID,

It's good to hear that CAB seem to have sorted the problem out for you. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.