× Members

esa /dla housing benefit

More
11 years 4 months ago #97016 by littlejo
esa /dla housing benefit was created by littlejo
hi
after 2 years of tribunals Iwas awarded esa in the work focused group my partner at that time was out of work and Iwas advised to make a joint claim now after 2 shoulder ops and another one in feb because it was un succesful i have been awarded dla higher rate mobility lower rate care my partner has now secured 6 months work starting in march its a bit of a double ended sword as he will no longer be at home to help me I have degeneritive disc disease spinal stenosis osteoarthritis in my back neck hips and shoulders will we lose our housing benefit because of this I am confused by it all! My mum is going to stay with us to help me as I will be in a sling for 8 weeks and cant use the arm for 3 months I had to have the tendons and muscles sutured back to the bone but it has failed and I now have the same problem in the other shoulder can anyone help with all this confusion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #97026 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa /dla housing benefit
Hi littlejo, I am sorry that you are going through such a hard time. I'm afraid that I find your post very difficult to understand :blush: When the forum re-opens, would it be possible for you to re-post your query in one or two sentances?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 4 months ago #97031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa /dla housing benefit

littlejo wrote: hi
after 2 years of tribunals Iwas awarded esa in the work focused group my partner at that time was out of work and Iwas advised to make a joint claim now after 2 shoulder ops and another one in feb because it was un succesful i have been awarded dla higher rate mobility lower rate care my partner has now secured 6 months work starting in march its a bit of a double ended sword as he will no longer be at home to help me I have degeneritive disc disease spinal stenosis osteoarthritis in my back neck hips and shoulders will we lose our housing benefit because of this I am confused by it all! My mum is going to stay with us to help me as I will be in a sling for 8 weeks and cant use the arm for 3 months I had to have the tendons and muscles sutured back to the bone but it has failed and I now have the same problem in the other shoulder can anyone help with all this confusion

If you have made a joint claim (you and your partner), then this will be for Income Related ESA.

ESA(IR) is a means tested benefit as is Housing Benefit, and takes into account your income, assets and the hours that you partner works. If your partner is working full time, albeit for only six months, then it is likely that you no longer meet the requirements of the means test, this being the case, then this is why your HB has stopped, I would also expect your ESA to stop as well, if you haven't already done so, you must inform the DWP of this Change of Circumstances.

Unfortunately, there is little that you can do about this while your partner is working, however, I would recommend you get face to face advice from your local CAB or Welfare Rights agency, as they be able to advice you of additional assistance you might be eligible for.

I hope this explains it, but if not, please reply to this topic when the forum re-opens this eveing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris