× Members

appeal decision to esa time limit

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97139 by Nicola Bott
appeal decision to esa time limit was created by Nicola Bott
:whistle: I was transferred from IB to ESA in August and put into WRAG is it too late to appeal the decision. I was told at jobcentre interview only people with terminal illness are put in support group. I have Ankylosing Spondilitus and Rheumatoid Arthritus and have been on IB for 18 yrs.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97141 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appeal decision to esa time limit

Nicola Bott wrote: :whistle: I was transferred from IB to ESA in August and put into WRAG is it too late to appeal the decision. I was told at jobcentre interview only people with terminal illness are put in support group. I have Ankylosing Spondilitus and Rheumatoid Arthritus and have been on IB for 18 yrs.

You can make a late appeal up to 13 months after the date of the Decision, however you will have to explain why you are appealing outside of the normal one month.

As to entry into the Support Group, my only comment is that there must be a lot of terminally ill people in the country at the moment, as the latest statistics from the DWP show that 26% of all ESA claimants were placed in the SG after assessment.

On a more serious note, entry to the SG is based on you meeting one or more of the relevant descriptors, whilst your conditions are important to establishing your claim, it is therir effect on you in the context of those descriptors that will be tested. See

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you intend to appeal, then you should have a look at our ESA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and also the following FAQs

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How to submit an appeal

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

and our Appeal FAQs

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/appeals-faq

If you have further questions, please reply to this topic tomorrow, when the forum re-opens to new posts.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.