× Members

Thank You, Straight from IB to ESA

• Delilah255
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97182 by Delilah255
Thank You, Straight from IB to ESA was created by Delilah255
Yes, thank you so much for your information and form filling tips.

I found out today I have been moved straight to ESA, without a medical. I received the TAX letter saying my IB had stopped on the 9/1/13.

The problem I have is, I do not know which group I am now in. A letter is to follow and no one on the phone could tell me. I am guessing it will be the WRG? Can I ask, will I get the £71 as I am new on ESA, or do I get the higher rate because I have already been on IB?

Sorry for the silly question.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97184 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Thank You, Straight from IB to ESA
It is good news that you have been awarded ESA, thank you for letting us know. As you say, you should get a letter telling you which group you are in - although these letters are often difficult to understand!

You might find this FAQ helpful

What will I be paid?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97189 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Thank You, Straight from IB to ESA

Delilah255 wrote: Yes, thank you so much for your information and form filling tips.

I found out today I have been moved straight to ESA, without a medical. I received the TAX letter saying my IB had stopped on the 9/1/13.

The problem I have is, I do not know which group I am now in. A letter is to follow and no one on the phone could tell me. I am guessing it will be the WRG? Can I ask, will I get the £71 as I am new on ESA, or do I get the higher rate because I have already been on IB?

Sorry for the silly question.

Hi D255,

I'm glad to read that you have been successfully transferred over to ESA, you will have to wait for written confirmation now, as to which group you have been placed in.

The £71 is only the basic personal allowance of ESA, or the assessment rate for people who have made a fresh claim for ESA, or those who are appealing a fit for work decision.

The single rate at present is :

WRAG = Personal Allowance (over 25) £71.00
WRA Component = £28.15
Total = £99.15

SG = Personal Allowance (over 25) £71.00
Support Group Component = £34.05
Total = £105.05

Please remember though that as you have been migrated over from IB, you will not receive any less than you were previously receiving under "Transitional Protection", see :

What will I be paid?

And all our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

Please let us know what group you are placed in, when you receive your decision notice. :)

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.