× Members

Please help me with appeal to support group.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97254 by RH2012
Hi, i left a post a while ago stating that i sent the esa questionarre back and rang them and they told me over the phone that i was awarded ESA but been put in the WRAG.

Over xmas and new year i have tried to live in denial as to not get too down over all this, but my letter came last thursday from Job centre plus informing me og thedecision that i've been awarded esa for 365 days starting at the end of the month.

I have 1 month to appeal the decision which is wha i'd like to do.
I wish to appeal being placed in the WRAG group and be mobed to the support group.

I have moderate to severe M.E/Chronic fatigue syndrome.
I have had it for over 10 years now.
I was previously gtting incapacity and income support.

Basically i am married,30, and have to manage what i do sensibly.
i wake everyday feeling unrested and tired physically and mentally.
my wife does most things for me, but i get myself washed and dressed.
But all house chores,cooking etc. are done by my wife.

Anyway... it says i am too ill for work but well enough to attend interviews to look at how to get back to work... but it is simplely not possible for me as the more i do the worse i am.

So i could do an hours work but then need 24 hours complete rest, and the only way i'm going to get better is by resting as i do now.

So i have rang and requested a ESA85A form, my dads picking up a GL24 appeal form from job centre for me.

what shall i say in the form?
Should i get an appointment with my doctor to add any notes etc?

i just really need guiding through all this as i have no energy at all and even writing this has fatigued me to a point i now need to goand have a decent lay down.

Any help on what i should say on the form, or ask gp to say would be helpful.

Also how could i go about being excused from these work based interviews as it would do me more harm than good by attending these energy zapping activities.

Thanks, RH2012
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97261 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Please help me with appeal to support group.
As you say, you have 1 month in which to submit your appeal. Our ESA guides are also helpful for appeals.

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to try and get some help at this stage, although it is not always easily available

Where to get advice?

It will be helpful for you to get the forms used in making this decision, although you do not have to wait for these to submit your initial appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

You need to decide which Support Group descriptors are applicable to you

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 3 months ago #97263 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Please help me with appeal to support group.
We really cannot give advice about individual claims as to what to put on claim forms. All we can do is to explain how the system works in general.

You need to seek 'one to one' advice from a benefits adviser in your area.

If you 'Google' benefits advice and put in your town and/or postcode, they will be links to benefits advisers in you area.

If you've already decide to appeal, you can download a GL24

But I strongly advise you seek help to complete it.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 months ago #97264 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Please help me with appeal to support group.
(sorry, I pressed submit by mistake!)

Qualifying for the Support Group

How to submit an appeal

You should be aware that there is a risk, albeit small, to challenging this decision

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

You do have to undertake WFI's, if requested, while you appeal although it is sometimes possible to get these carried out over the phone, in your own home or even suspended. However, all you can do is ask (when the appointment comes through, phone and speak to your advisor), it is entirely at the discretion of your advisor.

You need to be aware that your ESA will still be subject to time limitation while you await appeal

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If you have further questins, please use this thread to ask them. You might find it helpful to add this to your 'favourites' so that it is easier to find.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.