× Members

6 month in WRAG without any contact from WRAG

• SpartacusMills
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97568 by SpartacusMills
6 month in WRAG without any contact from WRAG was created by SpartacusMills
Hi guys,

It's been just over 6 months since i won my appeal, and i was placed in the WRAG, in the appeal it was agreed that i wouldn't get back to work without help. 6 months on I have a new ESA50 and heard not a single thing about attended the WRAG.

So my question is, would it help for me to mention this when completing the new ESA50? As it seems the last 6 months since winning the appeal were for nothing?and that I feel I'm about to go through the same old thing again.

Many Thanks

SM
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #97571 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 6 month in WRAG without any contact from WRAG
I can understand you feeling as if you are back to square one again! However, I don't see any benefit in pointing out that you have not been 'invited' to take part in any WFI's, it will not be relevant to the next decision making process.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpartacusMills

• SpartacusMills
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97599 by SpartacusMills
Replied by SpartacusMills on topic 6 month in WRAG without any contact from WRAG
Thanks for the reply. You're right it is so frustrating, for all the obvious reasons. The extra money has been nice, but maybe, just maybe with a little help I could have got back into work? I'll never know, just seems such a waist of everyone's time.

I look forward to seeing what random score i get this time, ATOS may as well just role some dice :P

• SpartacusMills
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102382 by SpartacusMills
Replied by SpartacusMills on topic 6 month in WRAG without any contact from WRAG
Hello!

Excuse me for writing here, but I thought I'd do so for continuity.

I had my ATOS assessment on the 20th of March ( the women who did the assessment was lovely) this morning I had two dreaded brown envelopes, one was the standard increased rate letter ( second time I've had it) the other letter was finally inviting me to a work focused interview!

So my question, as I have yet to receive a letter informing me of the result of my latest assessment, does the fact I am now being asked to attend a Work focused interview have any bearing on the possible result? ie. does this mean I've been successful ? Obviously I'm hoping it does, just so it can put me at ease, however I understand it may not.

Is there a name for a phobia of "brown envelopes"? as I've clearly developed one :unsure:

Many thanks again.

SM
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102384 by Gordon

SpartacusMills wrote: Hello!

Excuse me for writing here, but I thought I'd do so for continuity.

I had my ATOS assessment on the 20th of March ( the women who did the assessment was lovely) this morning I had two dreaded brown envelopes, one was the standard increased rate letter ( second time I've had it) the other letter was finally inviting me to a work focused interview!

So my question, as I have yet to receive a letter informing me of the result of my latest assessment, does the fact I am now being asked to attend a Work focused interview have any bearing on the possible result? ie. does this mean I've been successful ? Obviously I'm hoping it does, just so it can put me at ease, however I understand it may not.

Is there a name for a phobia of "brown envelopes"? as I've clearly developed one :unsure:

Many thanks again.

SM

To be honest, as you are already in the WRAG, I do not think that you can draw any conclusions from the invitation to attend a WFI, JC+ and the DWP operate fairly autonomously from each other so it is perfectly possible that the request was going to happen any way.

The simplest solution is to contact the DWP and ask if there has been a Decision on your claim yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpartacusMills

• SpartacusMills
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110193 by SpartacusMills
Haven't written for a while, but i think I should point out the latest, as it involved me once again thanking the good people at Benefits and Work for their advice and insightful guides.

I never did get the results of my March ATOS assessment, however, I did get another ESA50 in May, (which I'm guessing means I was successful) I sent that off begining of June. Finally starting attending Working Links as part of my WRAG, some very lovely people there, no pressure, very understanding. They had a Life Coach working for them, who quite frankly has been a miracle worker, I've made so much progress, I guess it take on his approach better than I did with counsellors I've seen in the past. I still see him once a week, has been excellent and no doubt would have cost me a fortune had I tried to get a life coach myself.

Last week I saw my WRAG advisor ( going to get me on an IT course, also getting me involved with something at Working Links run by MIND) I told her i sent an ESA50 in June but heard nothing and that I was concerned that just as I was beginning to make progress, it might all be pulled from under me. She phone the DWP and discovered I have been placed in the WRAG for another 18 months, with no need for an ATOS assessment, huzzah!

So now, I have help in place, I'm making progress and don't have to worry about getting another dreaded brown envelope for a while ( I hope) plus I'm about to start an intensive course of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in a few week, with a lovely psychologist, which I'm quite excited about, as it's something new and I have high hopes it will help.

So on the whole, thinks are on the up, I finally feel like I'm making progress with damn anxiety/agoraphobia and can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm not "there" yet, but I'm getting there. Along the way i often referred to this website for help and guidance and it's proven to be fruitful.

So thank you to all the people who give up there time to make this website what it is, your work, as I'm sure you are aware, is much appreciated :)
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.