× Members

ESA from 28 Jan 2013

More
11 years 2 months ago #97683 by MSCarer
Replied by MSCarer on topic ESA from 28 Jan 2013
It is still not very clear in the changes coming into effect at the end of January.

Who the changes apply to
3 The changes apply to

1. claims for ESA made on or after 28.1.13, whether or not the claim is for a period
before that date

2. claims for ESA made before 28.1.13 where LCW and/or LCWRA is determined
on or after 28.1.13 (see paragraph 4)

3. claimants already entitled to ESA where LCW and/or LCWRA is determined
afresh on or after 28.1.13

4. claimants entitled to an existing award (see DMG 45204) who are notified that
the conversion phase has begun where LCW and LCWRA is determined on or
after 28.1.13.

They seem to have covered all of there basis?

This concerns me as I am due to receive my ESA50 any day now and I know that I will be found either LCW and/or LCWRA ?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #97689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA from 28 Jan 2013

MSCarer wrote: It is still not very clear in the changes coming into effect at the end of January.

Who the changes apply to
3 The changes apply to

1. claims for ESA made on or after 28.1.13, whether or not the claim is for a period
before that date

2. claims for ESA made before 28.1.13 where LCW and/or LCWRA is determined
on or after 28.1.13 (see paragraph 4)

3. claimants already entitled to ESA where LCW and/or LCWRA is determined
afresh on or after 28.1.13

4. claimants entitled to an existing award (see DMG 45204) who are notified that
the conversion phase has begun where LCW and LCWRA is determined on or
after 28.1.13.

They seem to have covered all of there basis?

This concerns me as I am due to receive my ESA50 any day now and I know that I will be found either LCW and/or LCWRA ?!

If you are going to quote these then you need to include paragraph 20 as well

20 Where a questionnaire which related to the LCW and LCWRA activities and descriptors as in force before 28.1.13 was issued to the claimant, paragraph 19 and the amended activities and descriptors in Annexes A and B do not apply for the purpose of assessment of LCW and LCWRA. The DM should assess LCW and LCWRA applying the former Schedules. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #97694 by MSCarer
Yes - I have reached par 20 now (Transitional Provisions). In which case it is important that I get the "questionnaire" before 28 Jan 2013. As it does specifically mention the "questionnaire" - which I assume is the ESA50.

I wonder if ATOS will be holding back questionnaires to go out AFTER 28 Jan?!

More
11 years 2 months ago #97696 by Gordon

MSCarer wrote: Yes - I have reached par 20 now (Transitional Provisions). In which case it is important that I get the "questionnaire" before 28 Jan 2013. As it does specifically mention the "questionnaire" - which I assume is the ESA50.

I wonder if ATOS will be holding back questionnaires to go out AFTER 28 Jan?!

They are so far behind with the assessments, that I doubt it.

Gordo

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97702 by MSCarer
Ok - so I will work on the assumption that the new guidelines will apply to me! Also I think this is related so rather than start another post:

Having looked at the changes coming into effect from 28 Jan I noticed some http links to things such as DMG 42445 etc, upon further investigation I found the following online - of which I am sure you are all aware of:

Chapter 41 - ESA conditions of entitlement
Chapter 42 - Limited Capability for Work and Limited Capability for Work-Related Activity
(www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch42.pdf)

I was just wondering if these are the most relevant chapters regarding ESA (as well as the references on this site of course).

Thank you
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #97708 by Gordon

MSCarer wrote: Ok - so I will work on the assumption that the new guidelines will apply to me! Also I think this is related so rather than start another post:

Having looked at the changes coming into effect from 28 Jan I noticed some http links to things such as DMG 42445 etc, upon further investigation I found the following online - of which I am sure you are all aware of:

Chapter 41 - ESA conditions of entitlement
Chapter 42 - Limited Capability for Work and Limited Capability for Work-Related Activity
(www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch42.pdf)

I was just wondering if these are the most relevant chapters regarding ESA (as well as the references on this site of course).

Thank you

The documents that you have found are part of the DWP Decision Makers Guide, which Decision Makers use to interpret, in this case, the ESA Regulations, there are also chapter for JSA, IS and DLA, amongst others.

The DMG tends to lag behind changes, so if you look at the releveant page, you will also see a number of memos that amend it's contents, the document detailing the 28/01/12 changes is one of these. So, there will be no further detail in chapters 41 and 42 in relation to these changes at the moment, but at some time in the future, they will be updated.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW, MSCarer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.