× Members

esa for students on dla?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97732 by Lisa
esa for students on dla? was created by Lisa
Following dla tribunal success and backdating of award to 2011.....I have been a full time student since 2010 and was not entitled to claim esa. Am I right in thinking that full time students on dla can claim esa? If so, what happens in cases such as this? Can esa be awarded retrospectivly? If an assessment is required, how can it be applied to 2011? And is there a risk of the dla award being revoked if an esa claim is made now?

Many thanks for any advice in advance!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #97735 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa for students on dla?

Lds77 wrote: Following dla tribunal success and backdating of award to 2011.....I have been a full time student since 2010 and was not entitled to claim esa. Am I right in thinking that full time students on dla can claim esa? If so, what happens in cases such as this? Can esa be awarded retrospectivly? If an assessment is required, how can it be applied to 2011? And is there a risk of the dla award being revoked if an esa claim is made now?

Many thanks for any advice in advance!

Section 15 of the following explains your options

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f31.htm

ESA can be backdated upto 3 months from the date of application.

A failed ESA assessment can call into question a DLA award, especially if there is a Mobility component.

A would suggest you get face to face advice from your local CAB or Wefare Rights office before proceeding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

More
11 years 2 months ago #97748 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa for students on dla?
In addition to gordon's excellent advice, your place of learning should have a disability advisor who would be well used to dealing with kind of thing. S/he sould be able to tell you the regulations, what forms are needed etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.