× Members

Help a bit confused

• Betty boop
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97767 by Betty boop
Help a bit confused was created by Betty boop
Hi
I have been placed in the wrag group and have asked for my esa85a. Form ..on this it states that i have significant function problems both for mobility and mental and am likley to score above the threshold at examination and improvement is unlikley in the longer term..should i appeal for support group ..
Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97769 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help a bit confused

Betty boop wrote: Hi
I have been placed in the wrag group and have asked for my esa85a. Form ..on this it states that i have significant function problems both for mobility and mental and am likley to score above the threshold at examination and improvement is unlikley in the longer term..should i appeal for support group ..
Thanks

Neither of these phrases qualify you for the Support Group, the first simply means that you are expected to score more than the 15 points required to be placed in the WRAG, the second states that you have long term problems, but it is perfectly possible to have a lifelong condition, but only be placed in the WRAG.

To be placed in the Support Group you need to meet one or more of the SG Decsriptors, see

Qualifying for the Support Group

If you believe you do meet the SG criteria then you can lodge an appeal, but you should be aware of the following

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Our ESA Appeaql guide is on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and you should have a look the following FAQs

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

If you have more questions, please reply to this topic

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Betty boop
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97771 by Betty boop
Replied by Betty boop on topic Help a bit confused
Thanks ...i don,t think the hcp has taken into account the fluctuation of my conditions ...copd/asthma, fibro, athritis especially the fibro

Thanks

• Betty boop
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97777 by Betty boop
Hi gordon forgot to say that they have said my award is cb and ir what does that mean

Thanks for any advice
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 months ago #97780 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help a bit confused

Betty boop wrote: Hi gordon forgot to say that they have said my award is cb and ir what does that mean

Thanks for any advice

ESA(CB) is paid because of your NI Contribution history, ESA(IR) is paid due to low income, usually claimants receive one of the other but it is possible to receive ESA(CB) with a small ESA(IR) top up.

ESA(IR) passports you onto a range of other benefits such as free prescriptions, it also means that although your ESA(CB) payments will be subject to the 365 day rule if you remain in the WRAG, your payments will continue without interuption due to your also receiving ESA(IR), which is not time limited.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Betty boop
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 months ago #97783 by Betty boop
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.