× Members

DLA Additional information

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #97822 by Metallichick
DLA Additional information was created by Metallichick
Good afternoon

Haven't posted for a while, first i would like to say thumbs up to the sites new look :)

Secondly the reason i have come on here today. Since being awarded DLA back in September 2012 LR Mob & MR Care awarded for 2 years, my benefits were assessed on my Chronic Migraine, Daily Headaches & Depression. Since then i have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & CFS/ME. Although my mobility has worsen i wouldn't say it is to the degree where i would need the higher rate, also at the moment i am needing more care but again i don't think i need the higher rate here either.

My question is can/should i i just inform the DWP that i have now had further medical conditions diagnosed but without them re assessing my claim?

Any information would be gratefully received
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #97825 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Additional information
Hi Metallichick, it isnice to see you again :)

I see tat Gordon is going to answer your query, so I will leave that to him for the time being.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Metallichick

More
11 years 2 months ago #97826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Additional information

Metallichick wrote: Good afternoon

Haven't posted for a while, first i would like to say thumbs up to the sites new look :)

Secondly the reason i have come on here today. Since being awarded DLA back in September 2012 LR Mob & MR Care awarded for 2 years, my benefits were assessed on my Chronic Migraine, Daily Headaches & Depression. Since then i have now been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia & CFS/ME. Although my mobility has worsen i wouldn't say it is to the degree where i would need the higher rate, also at the moment i am needing more care but again i don't think i need the higher rate here either.

My question is can/should i i just inform the DWP that i have now had further medical conditions diagnosed but without them re assessing my claim?

Any information would be gratefully received

There never seems to be right answer to this question :(

Given that new conditions have been diagnosed, I believe you should report the change, but it may be worth you saying that you do not believe that this has increased your Care and Mobility needs to the point where your award needs to be looked at.

To be eligible for the higher rate of the Care component, you would need to show that you have care needs both day and night.

To be eligible for the higher rate of the Mobility you would need to show that you have problems walking, there is no specified distance, but it is usually taken to be 50m.

It is at the discretion of the DWP whether they initiate a re-assessment, but you should be aware that if your condition declines, to the point that you do believe you would be eligible for a higher rate of either component, after October it is likely that this will result in you being assessed for PIP rather than DLA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Metallichick
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #97828 by Metallichick
Replied by Metallichick on topic DLA Additional information
Can i just simply send the DWP a letter explaining my new medical conditions along with the consultants letters, stating that i don't feel that at this stage that this has increased my Care and Mobility needs?

More
11 years 2 months ago #97830 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Additional information

Metallichick wrote: Can i just simply send the DWP a letter explaining my new medical conditions along with the consultants letters, stating that i don't feel that at this stage that this has increased my Care and Mobility needs?

That should be fine.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Metallichick

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.