× Members

ESA85A

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97837 by killbot99
ESA85A was created by killbot99
Hi

Just a quick question, I phoned the DWP office that deals with my claim early this morning after trying several times yesterday to ask for my ESA85A, as recommended by this site. I eventually spoke to someone in the ESA dept and she said it would be quicker to contact Atos and ask them for a copy and she gave me the number. Is she correct? Should I write instead to the DWP instead of wasting precious time and money pursuing Job Centre Plus?

I must admit I was particularly irritated that I had to wait for several minues on the phone again before I was anwsered, especially bearing in mind I phoned just after 8am, as per the DWP's own advice (apparently they are less busy between 8-9am).

I had had a rubbish night's sleep once again and had to force myself to be compos mentis that early (for me) in the morning, only to be essentially fobbed off. Many thanks in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97838 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85A

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

Just a quick question, I phoned the DWP office that deals with my claim early this morning after trying several times yesterday to ask for my ESA85A, as recommended by this site. I eventually spoke to someone in the ESA dept and she said it would be quicker to contact Atos and ask them for a copy and she gave me the number. Is she correct? Should I write instead to the DWP instead of wasting precious time and money pursuing Job Centre Plus?

I must admit I was particularly irritated that I had to wait for several minues on the phone again before I was anwsered, especially bearing in mind I phoned just after 8am, as per the DWP's own advice (apparently they are less busy between 8-9am).

I had had a rubbish night's sleep once again and had to force myself to be compos mentis that early (for me) in the morning, only to be essentially fobbed off. Many thanks in advance.

Hi MCW,

More rubbish over the phone from The DWP, I'm afraid.

As I note from your previous posts that you have received written confirmation from the DWP that you have been placed into the SG, The ESA85A will definately be with the DWP.

ATOS must have returned it to the DWP DM, for them to come to a decision.

You may wish to issue a SAR to the DWP, using this :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From here :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

bro58

More
11 years 3 months ago #97839 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic ESA85A
Hi madcatwoman,
I wrote to the DWP Office that sent me the original contact letter starting the ESA process, the one that's listed on the top of the letter letting you know that you're starting your 'transfer' to ESA. They sent the ESA85A to me within a month.
Just put your name, date of birth, national insurance number and address on it and they should send it back, though it does seem to go via the 'scenic route' of the DWP mailing system.
Hope this helps.
Cheers, Pen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97841 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic ESA85A
Hi Bro

Many thanks for the speedy reply. I must admit I did think I was being fobbed off this morning when I saw pigs flying past the window. I am not going to bother phoning again and speaking to another pleb. I will simply put my request in writing. Thus saving time, money and sanity. I don't know why but I actually felt guilty, apologetic and uncomfortable asking for access to my personal records, how daft is that?

Thanks again and to Pen as well.

• bro58
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #97845 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA85A

madcatwoman wrote: Hi Bro

Many thanks for the speedy reply. I must admit I did think I was being fobbed off this morning when I saw pigs flying past the window. I am not going to bother phoning again and speaking to another pleb. I will simply put my request in writing. Thus saving time, money and sanity. I don't know why but I actually felt guilty, apologetic and uncomfortable asking for access to my personal records, how daft is that?

Thanks again and to Pen as well.

Cheers MCW :)

It may help to put Data Protection SAR, on the top left of the envelope, and your name and address on the back.

And of course :) : Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.