× Members

WFI not what I expected

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98072 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic WFI not what I expected
Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WFI not what I expected

Asbo wrote: Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.

I can think of a couple of trivial reasons why they might ask this question, but the JC+ have no ability to effect your housing status.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #98086 by Asbo
Replied by Asbo on topic WFI not what I expected
Thanks Gordon.

That's a relief :)

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98087 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WFI not what I expected

hundi wrote: I also got the impression that the advisor could see I was a hopeless case re. working and at my age (nearly 58), perhaps I should have appealed.

Good luck !

Just to point out that not being expected to work again is not, in itself, enough to gain Support Group ESA!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Corrected quote.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98091 by Kummerzz
Replied by Kummerzz on topic WFI not what I expected
Hi

Why would the JC be interested in your name, address, council tax, date of birth etc the adviser should be spending the interview time match a work related activity to your health needs - I think I would be inclined to refuse to answer any questions which are not relevant would I be within my rights?

B

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98113 by Pipp
Replied by Pipp on topic WFI not what I expected
My understanding of the reasons I was asked questions about my finances at the first WFI was that the advisor was checking to see that I was receiving all benefits I was entitled to. Maybe I'm a gullible, fool, but I felt that she was actually being supportive, in that she did identify a benefit I was eligible to apply for. Also, perhaps she had some influence on appeal at reconsideration stage after meeting me and observing that I did actually meet the descriptors for support group that I had included in my claim but the ATOS assessor had not considered when doing the paper assessment.

Or am I being lulled into a false sense of security here?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.