Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC:

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98072

Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gordon.

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98082

Asbo wrote: Glad it went well, Hundi.

Re the house owning thing - I've heard about them asking this before. I don't want them taking my house off me. I am in a shared ownership house but have no other income. It just concerns me what the relevance of that question is. The only time I've been asked it was to see if I qualified for legal aid.

I can think of a couple of trivial reasons why they might ask this question, but the JC+ have no ability to effect your housing status.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98086

Thanks Gordon.

That's a relief :)

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98087

hundi wrote: I also got the impression that the advisor could see I was a hopeless case re. working and at my age (nearly 58), perhaps I should have appealed.

Good luck !

Just to point out that not being expected to work again is not, in itself, enough to gain Support Group ESA!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: by . Reason: Corrected quote.

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98091

Hi

Why would the JC be interested in your name, address, council tax, date of birth etc the adviser should be spending the interview time match a work related activity to your health needs - I think I would be inclined to refuse to answer any questions which are not relevant would I be within my rights?

B

WFI not what I expected 7 years 8 months ago #98113

My understanding of the reasons I was asked questions about my finances at the first WFI was that the advisor was checking to see that I was receiving all benefits I was entitled to. Maybe I'm a gullible, fool, but I felt that she was actually being supportive, in that she did identify a benefit I was eligible to apply for. Also, perhaps she had some influence on appeal at reconsideration stage after meeting me and observing that I did actually meet the descriptors for support group that I had included in my claim but the ATOS assessor had not considered when doing the paper assessment.

Or am I being lulled into a false sense of security here?

Last edit: by Gordon.
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS