× Members

ESA form question

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98065 by Dalglish60
ESA form question was created by Dalglish60
Sorry if this sounds very confusing but from when does the definition of the 4 weeks to return the esa form begin.

Is it 4 weeks from the actual date you recieve it in the post?

e.g. recieved on the 3rd Jan 2013 (4 weeks/28 days) = 31st January 2013

or from when DWP/ATOS date is printed on letter with the form =27th December 2012

As my letter states should be returned by 29th January 2013, I know it sounds confusing but if somebody could clarify I would be very grateful.

thanks for previous responses as well this month.

ngup67
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98077 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form question

Nevergiveup1967 wrote: Sorry if this sounds very confusing but from when does the definition of the 4 weeks to return the esa form begin.

Is it 4 weeks from the actual date you recieve it in the post?

e.g. recieved on the 3rd Jan 2013 (4 weeks/28 days) = 31st January 2013

or from when DWP/ATOS date is printed on letter with the form =27th December 2012

As my letter states should be returned by 29th January 2013, I know it sounds confusing but if somebody could clarify I would be very grateful.

thanks for previous responses as well this month.

ngup67

Technically it is the date of the letter that is sent with the ESA50, so from your post this would be 27/12/12 but it is standard practice to also allow two days for delivery, however, you should use the return date (29/01/13) from this letter as your target.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #98092 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic ESA form question
Gordon

Thanks for clarification. I'm just so confused with the whole process of renewing my claim again for ESA after being first intoroduced to it in April 2011 along with the new esa forms out today. I do not think I can face all the emotional pressure and the impact it has on all my mental health ssues I just feel like ripping the form up and let the DWP win .

Sorry for the negativity.

ngup67

More
11 years 2 months ago #98101 by MSCarer
Replied by MSCarer on topic ESA form question
I received my ESA50 form on the 25th Jan 2013 - the letter that came with it was dated 16th Jan 2013 and the return date given in the letter was 18th February 2013. In reality I have to post the form on Thursday 14th Feb (Happy Valentines Day - maybe I should stick a card in as well) - which in reality gives me just under 3 weeks to complete and return the form. This is why in another post today I warn to get cracking with gathering the information now and do not wait!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.