× Members

Total Personal Allowance sanctioned

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98150 by Roidininki
Total Personal Allowance sanctioned was created by Roidininki
I refer to a person I'm representative of , a person with a severe mental disorder seen over 24 years by various consultatnts, now the final diagnosis is Paranoid Schizophrenia .
Since January has had his PA sanctioned by the full amount , without notification , assumed by me, his representative, because he is not well enough to attend WFI's[ he was moved over from IR Incapacity + Severe Disability Premium onto ESA but placed in WRAG.He aked for a reconsideration of the latter mid December /12 .

Can they do this ? Will it affect his H/B?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Total Personal Allowance sanctioned

Roidininki wrote: I refer to a person I'm representative of , a person with a severe mental disorder seen over 24 years by various consultatnts, now the final diagnosis is Paranoid Schizophrenia .
Since January has had his PA sanctioned by the full amount , without notification , assumed by me, his representative, because he is not well enough to attend WFI's[ he was moved over from IR Incapacity + Severe Disability Premium onto ESA but placed in WRAG.He aked for a reconsideration of the latter mid December /12 .

Can they do this ? Will it affect his H/B?

I am afraid that changes to the ESA sanctions regime, that came into force at the beginning of December last year, mean that they can do this. See

Changes to ESA Sanctions

He may be able to claim Hardship payments.

His requesting a Reconsideration or appealing does not remove the requirement for him to attend WFIs or to participate in Work Related Activity and the sanction will remain in place until he complies.

His being sanctioned is an appealable Decision which should have been notified to him in writing.

Any requirement for a WFI or WRA must take into account any limitations implied by his condition(s).

The sanction only applies to his payments, not his eligibility for ESA, so this should have no effect on Housing Benefit, but it may nonetheless be to his advantage to get face to face advice in this matter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bearer, Roidininki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.