× Members

ESA Timing. Suspicious Or Just Coincidence?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98164 by leed46
Hi Folks

I had been claiming DLA for 7 years.
In September 2012 the award expired and I had to re-apply before this date.
My review was successful and DLA was awarded at the same level, but the duration was reduced to 2 years.
I was unhappy with the duration of the award and applied to the DWP for a reconsideration.
After reviewing the additional evidence I submitted, the DWP made a favourable revision in November.
DLA was awarded at HRC and LRM for 5 years.
Throughout, I have also received Incapacity Benefit.
Fast forward 11 weeks to today.
I have received a letter advising me that I am to be assessed for ESA.
The thought of having to go through all that effort, worry and uncertainty all over again is filling me with dread.
But my question is this: I am right to be suspicious of the timing or is it just bad luck? Or even an error by the DWP perhaps?
It just seems odd that having spent so much effort providing so much information and after the huge investment of time & energy to comprehensively 'paint-a-picture' of my debilitating conditios, that I should be interrogated again so soon.
Your thoughts or opinions would be welcomed.

Kind Regards
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98167 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Timing. Suspicious Or Just Coincidence?
Congratulations on our successful reconsideration, that should buy you some time before you have to deal with the dreaded PIP!

I really don't think your migration to ESA is anything more than co-incidence, many people were migrated months, if not years, ago. You will be asessed under the new criteria announced yesterday Hopefully, much of the documentation you have amassed as part of your DLA claim wll help with your ESA and don't forget to make good use of our guides.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: leed46

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.