× Members

DLA and reconsideration

• AndrewPatrick
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98169 by AndrewPatrick
DLA and reconsideration was created by AndrewPatrick
Good afternoon,

Can someone enlighten me. If you have been awarded Higher Rate Mobility and no care component if you ask for a reconsideration and or decide to appeal are you in danger of losing the HRM?

Thanks.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by . Reason: TICK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98174 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA and reconsideration
You can make it clear that you only wish the care component to be reconsidered as you are happy with your mobility award. However, the DWP are not obliged to do this and are entitled to review the mobility component if they see fit. You should be sure in your own mind that the HRM is secure before you ask for a reconsideration.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndrewPatrick

More
11 years 2 months ago #98181 by leed46
Replied by leed46 on topic DLA and reconsideration
I was awared DLA at the what I thought to be the right level, but not for the correct duration.

I applied for a reconsideration (rather than jumping straight to an appeal), submitting additional evidence. I think that was the key to my success; submitting additional evidence. I know that you don't have to when asking for a reconsideration, but I think it helped the Decision Maker.

However, even with additional evidence submitted and even though I made it clear that it was only the duration that I wanted looked at again, I was under no illusion that my actions carried considerable risk and that a different Decision Maker looking at all of the evidence with a fresh set of eyes may have concluded that my original award was incorrect and could have lowered my DLA or taken it off me altogether.

Kind Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndrewPatrick

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.