× Members

I am appealing ESA WRAG to go to support group but

• jaki
11 years 1 month ago #102954 by jaki
I have just read the above topic and answers and have taken note of some of the issues raised. I am waiting for a tribal hearing. I was put into ESA WRAG. I have osteoarthritis from my neck to my feet, all joints are affected. I have to rely on a carer to push me in my wheelchair if I am able to go out. Since having to fill out the ESA claim form I have now been diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I have to take tablets to lower it. I am also having to see a musculosketetal physiotherapist in a couple of days for a diagnosis on my neck as I have limited movement and pain, and also am very dizzy. I have written to the court already to advise them of these latest developments as I had to send a doctor's advisory letter at the same time. I am now wondering if my extra health problems will not be taken into consideration? I would like to mention here that in the paperwork I received regarding how the decision to put me in the WRAG, it said I had "attended a medical". I never went to a medical assessment actually, and they said I attended on the monday, yet the date they received my claim form was the friday before. No.one has seen me at all.
Anyway, if you could advise me as to whether I have chance of my extra health problems since filling in my form I would be very grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102957 by bro58

jaki wrote: I have just read the above topic and answers and have taken note of some of the issues raised. I am waiting for a tribal hearing. I was put into ESA WRAG. I have osteoarthritis from my neck to my feet, all joints are affected. I have to rely on a carer to push me in my wheelchair if I am able to go out. Since having to fill out the ESA claim form I have now been diagnosed with high blood pressure, so I have to take tablets to lower it. I am also having to see a musculosketetal physiotherapist in a couple of days for a diagnosis on my neck as I have limited movement and pain, and also am very dizzy. I have written to the court already to advise them of these latest developments as I had to send a doctor's advisory letter at the same time. I am now wondering if my extra health problems will not be taken into consideration? I would like to mention here that in the paperwork I received regarding how the decision to put me in the WRAG, it said I had "attended a medical". I never went to a medical assessment actually, and they said I attended on the monday, yet the date they received my claim form was the friday before. No.one has seen me at all.
Anyway, if you could advise me as to whether I have chance of my extra health problems since filling in my form I would be very grateful.

Hi j,

The Tribunal will only look at medical evidence that is pertinent to the time of the WRAG award that you are appealing.

They will not take into account any deterioration in your condition or any new medical conditions that you have developed since then.

With respect to you not having attended a face to face,when it is stated that you have, I would certainly make a note of this, and forward it to The DWP, or The TS, if your appeal has already been sent to them after an unsuccessful reconsideration by The DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris