× Members

thank you

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98288 by bobingalong
thank you was created by bobingalong
I would just like to say thank you to all on the website for gathering and collating all the information into a one-stop place with your help I was able to complete the ESA 50 questionnaire for migration from incapacity benefit to ESA and was placed in the support group with no face-to-face interview and I will not be reassessed for another three years, they have even increased my benefits by nearly £20 a week.
I don't think they give me the increase because they felt sorry for me after reading the questionnaire and looking at the evidence, I think it is more likely that I have not been receiving the correct amount of benefit which makes me wonder if I should have my DLA reassessed. I am not trying to be greedy and just wondering if I am receiving what the government says I am entitled to?. I realise that having my DLA reassessed can be a bit of a minefield and because of this it could be safer to leave things as they are, but I'm struggling as it is to making ends meet.
Thank you again
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #98290 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic thank you
Congratulations on your award.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobingalong

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98296 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic thank you

bobingalong wrote: I would just like to say thank you to all on the website for gathering and collating all the information into a one-stop place with your help I was able to complete the ESA 50 questionnaire for migration from incapacity benefit to ESA and was placed in the support group with no face-to-face interview and I will not be reassessed for another three years, they have even increased my benefits by nearly £20 a week.
I don't think they give me the increase because they felt sorry for me after reading the questionnaire and looking at the evidence, I think it is more likely that I have not been receiving the correct amount of benefit which makes me wonder if I should have my DLA reassessed. I am not trying to be greedy and just wondering if I am receiving what the government says I am entitled to?. I realise that having my DLA reassessed can be a bit of a minefield and because of this it could be safer to leave things as they are, but I'm struggling as it is to making ends meet.
Thank you again

Hi b,

That is really good to hear !!! :woohoo:

3 years is the maximum award that we are aware of.

The reason that you may be receiving extra money could be that you were placed into The SG.

All successful IB, IS and SDA migrants, are covered by "Transitional Protection" which means that they cannot receive any less than were receiving before transfer, see :

What will I be paid?

However, they can receive more.

DLA is a totally different allowance to ESA with differing qualifying criteria, if you feel that your limitations and needs have increased, then you could request a review. However, there is some risk involved, in that your current DLA Awards will be looked at again, and it could be that your awards were reduced or lost as a result.

You would need to risk assess any such possibility. Depending on whether you have mobility limitations or not, and whether your ESA SG award was due to this, you should be aware that the ESA "Mobilising" test if a tougher criteria, than that for DLA Mobilty, as it includes the use of a manual wheelchair unaided. DLA Mobility is simply a "Walking" test.

It may help if you request copy of your ESA85A Medical Report to see how and why you qualified for the SG, this may help you to risk assess requesting a review of your DLA.

You can request this over the phone by ringing the number of The Benefits Office on your ESA award letter, we advise that you back up any verbal request in writing.

See : ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

The DWP are actually using ESA Medical Reports as evidence in coming to a decision on DLA, so a positive ESA report could aid a DLA review.

If you are in receipt of Middle or Higher Rate Care of DLA, you may also be entitled to Disability Premiums in the form of IR ESA top-ups, see :

www.gov.uk/disability-premiums-income-support

This : Benefits Calculator may help you to check whether you are receiving the correct amount of benefits.

Finally, our : DLA Guides may help, and our : DLA FAQ’s

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago #98305 by bobingalong
Replied by bobingalong on topic thank you
Thank you for your very fast response bro58 and all links that you have pointed out, I will certainly study. I will make a request in writing for my ESA85A medical report. I personally think that it was on my mobility and they place me in the support group as I have to have supplemental oxygen to get about and I cannot walk more than 70 m. I am also blind. This was a reason why was given DLA in the first place.
bob

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #98317 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic thank you

bobingalong wrote: Thank you for your very fast response bro58 and all links that you have pointed out, I will certainly study. I will make a request in writing for my ESA85A medical report. I personally think that it was on my mobility and they place me in the support group as I have to have supplemental oxygen to get about and I cannot walk more than 70 m. I am also blind. This was a reason why was given DLA in the first place.
bob

Hi B,

To qualify for The SG on the Moving Around "Mobilising" descriptor, the DWP would have to accept that you could not Mobilise unaided, any further than 50 metres.

See this extract :

" 1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick, manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonably be used.

Cannot either:

(a)
mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid significant discomfort or exhaustion; or

(b)
repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of significant discomfort or exhaustion. "

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

Hopefully, you will gain the information required when you receive the ESA85A.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.