× Members

Middle Rate Care/Lower Mobility Help

• myshrinkismad
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98299 by myshrinkismad
Middle Rate Care/Lower Mobility Help was created by myshrinkismad
I have been on Dla Middle rate care / Lower rate Mobility for 12 years.
I will try to be as straight and coherent as I can.

My social worker has said for years i should be on Higher rate Care and at least Middle rate Mobility.

My dilemma is i have been reluctant / paranoid / scared to ask the DWP to re-evaluate my claim, in case they take away my DLA or reverse it. I have heard so many horrid stories about people loosing there DLA I havenever before considerd it.

So my question? is it worth it? how can i apply?

my current situation? i see Shrink about once a month, am on high dose of psychiatric medication, also have an occupational therapist / Team person-woman i see and she makes contact with me frequently. i think she is called a CPN. ( or that may be the old word)

is m fear justifiable, / reasonable? shall i just be grateful im getting this money and not risk applying?

sorry for all the questions, i feel a bit confused as to what to do.

thanks a lot Jay
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98310 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Middle Rate Care/Lower Mobility Help

myshrinkismad wrote: I have been on Dla Middle rate care / Lower rate Mobility for 12 years.
I will try to be as straight and coherent as I can.

My social worker has said for years i should be on Higher rate Care and at least Middle rate Mobility.

My dilemma is i have been reluctant / paranoid / scared to ask the DWP to re-evaluate my claim, in case they take away my DLA or reverse it. I have heard so many horrid stories about people loosing there DLA I havenever before considerd it.

So my question? is it worth it? how can i apply?

my current situation? i see Shrink about once a month, am on high dose of psychiatric medication, also have an occupational therapist / Team person-woman i see and she makes contact with me frequently. i think she is called a CPN. ( or that may be the old word)

is m fear justifiable, / reasonable? shall i just be grateful im getting this money and not risk applying?

sorry for all the questions, i feel a bit confused as to what to do.

thanks a lot Jay

Is there a risk? Yes!

Can I quantify it for you? No!

The first thing you need to think about is whether you qualify for the higher rates in the first place.

To receive Higher Rate Care you will need to show that you have care needs both day and night.

To qualify for High Rate Mobility (there is no medium rate), you will need to show that you have problems walking 50 metres or more.

If you believe that you meet one or both of these criteria then you may have claim for the higher rates, however, I would recommend that you get face to face advice from a trained advisor who can look at your situation in more detail, before proceeding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: myshrinkismad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.