Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Over 80,000 claimants and professionals subscribe to the UK's leading source of benefits news.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ESA WRAG to SUPPORT GROUP 7 years 6 months ago #98332

• Oxford1035
Just wanted to share my good news. In December l was transferred from Incap to ESA without a medical. l was placed in WRAG. l went to my local Welfare Rights Office where the advisor said the decision was correct and that l had no grounds to ask for a revision and there was nothing she could do to help. This was despite her only reading the first couple of pages of my ESA50 form.

l posted on here for advice as l had hit rock bottom. Thanks to advice from other members l went to another Welfare Rights Office and spoke to a different advisor. She wrote a letter asking for a revision.

Today l received a letter from DWP saying they have now placed me in the Supprt Group. The timing couldn't have been any better as l was due to go for my first Work Focussed interview tomorrow, which has now been cancelled. l was getting really wound up over this interview so glad l now don't have to attend.

Thankyou to those of you who were kind enough to give advice when l was very low. l hope this gives others the courage not to give up hope.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mrs Hurtyback.

ESA WRAG to SUPPORT GROUP 7 years 6 months ago #98336

Well done for persevering until you got the decision you deserve! Thank you for sharing your good news - and for your kind words about this site :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

ESA WRAG to SUPPORT GROUP 7 years 6 months ago #98339

Well done Oxford !
I , as reprenstative of a friend sent such a letter in, last November and so far have not received a reply.
We live in one of the main selected target[maybe not the actual words]areas I was told , Aberdeen and Burnley . I wonder if that's making any difference ?

Last edit: by .

ESA WRAG to SUPPORT GROUP 7 years 6 months ago #98342

Roidininki wrote: Well done Oxford !
I , as reprenstative of a friend sent such a letter in, last November and so far have not received a reply.
We live in one of the main selected target[maybe not the actual words]areas I was told , Aberdeen and Burnley . I wonder if that's making any difference ?

It took 6 months for my reconsideration to be done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roidininki

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote
  • Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS