× Members

Moved from WRAG to SUPPORT after Revision.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98360 by jimmybob
First of all a big thank you to everyone at B&W for all their guidance and help. The subscription was the best £20 I've ever spent but I only wish I'd discovered this site "before" I'd attempted to fill in the ESA50 form !!!

Following the migration from IB to ESA, I received a letter on 23 November placing me into the WRAG group, without even having had an assessment. I was distraught. My disease (Rheumatoid Arthritis) has left me severely disabled, every day is a constant struggle with mobility & pain and yet "someone" thought that they'd be able to get me back into work in the next 12 months. You only had to look at me to realise how ridiculous that was....... yet no one had looked at me !!!

I decided to ask for a Review instead of going straight for an Appeal and I asked my GP and Consultant if they'd be prepared to write letters to support me. Thank goodness they agreed, and wrote me quite detailed letters explaining the severity of my condition. The letters were received at the DWP on 18th December and on 23 Jan, they advised me I'd been placed in the Support Group !!!

Hope my good news will reassure others that it's worth fighting. I know this forum certainly helped me find comfort and strength to challenge the decision.
Thank you all and good luck.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pipp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98363 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Moved from WRAG to SUPPORT after Revision.
Wel done for persevering untill you got the decision you deserved. Thank you for sharing your good news with us and for your kind words about his site :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmybob

More
11 years 2 months ago #98364 by Mags
Very pleased to hear of your great result :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmybob

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #98365 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Moved from WRAG to SUPPORT after Revision.
Great News jb !!!

Well done. :woohoo:

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.