× Members

Thank you!

• pepsimax2012
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #98432 by pepsimax2012
Thank you! was created by pepsimax2012
This site has been a great help to me so I wanted to express my thanks to all.
In 2011 I was moved from IB to ESA support group without a medical then back in July 2012 received ESA forms which I completed. It was only after completing them I paid my subscription here and it was money well spent.
ATOS refused my original request for a home medical even at the request of my doctor and I failed to attend 2 medicals at the centre (with written notice from me and everyone connected to me) before they agreed to a home visit.
I finally got the date for my medical a few weeks ago and had it last week. I was dreading it after reading all the bad stories here. As it was over 6 months between returning my forms and having the medical, my condition deteriorated so much my doctor nearly admitted me back into hospital for my own safety.
I had my dad, who is my main carer, sit in with me and by the time the doctor arrived I was physically sick so couldn’t answer him so my dad answered. After about 5 minutes of questions he said he could see I wasn’t coping well and he had enough to go on and I will remain in the support group.
It is such a relief it is over for now but due to them stretching it out so long my health is far worse than when I originally got the forms.
Thanks again to all and I wish others the result I got.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98433 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thank you!

pepsimax2012 wrote: This site has been a great help to me so I wanted to express my thanks to all.
In 2011 I was moved from IB to ESA support group without a medical then back in July 2012 received ESA forms which I completed. It was only after completing them I paid my subscription here and it was money well spent.
ATOS refused my original request for a home medical even at the request of my doctor and I failed to attend 2 medicals at the centre (with written notice from me and everyone connected to me) before they agreed to a home visit.
I finally got the date for my medical a few weeks ago and had it last week. I was dreading it after reading all the bad stories here. As it was over 6 months between returning my forms and having the medical, my condition deteriorated so much my doctor nearly admitted me back into hospital for my own safety.
I had my dad, who is my main carer, sit in with me and by the time the doctor arrived I was physically sick so couldn’t answer him so my dad answered. After about 5 minutes of questions he said he could see I wasn’t coping well and he had enough to go on and I will remain in the support group.
It is such a relief it is over for now but due to them stretching it out so long my health is far worse than when I originally got the forms.
Thanks again to all and I wish others the result I got.

Congratulations on your award and for your perseverance, hopefully it will offer some encouragement to others.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepsimax2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.