× Members

No medical but on ESA not sure what to do next!

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98434 by AIRAM
In Dec 2012 I recieved the dreaded letter about the changeover from IB to ESA.
I sent my form in on Jan 14th signed for delivery.I had a phone call today informing me I have been placed in the support group without a medical.My 1st reaction I was over the moon at this decision, as the anxiety has made my all my illness worse. I am not sure if this is the correct answer. I was also told that is it only for 12 months, then I have to re apply. Also attend some interveiws at the jobcentre plus.I have been ill for over 20 years.I reliy on my family and friends for help and suport and I use a walking stick to help me.So fear of having to reapply after 12 months has just started me with a panic attack. My pain specailist Doctor, will not send me for a back operation as he says they do not always work.The condition I have will not get better just worse and I will never work again,We are managing the pain and it is high doasge of morphine in slow release and quick release tablets all day and night amongst other pain killers and heat treatement etc.This letter I only got yesterday, so too late to send it in with my form.Another letter from my other Doctor about all my medical conditions and the effects on my daily life.I am also on anti drepressant tablets and seeing a councilor for my depression. I recieved the letter today for my 1st appointment,I had my phone call appointment last week. I did not have these in time to send any copies back.Is there anything I can do to see if I can get this over turned.Would more infomation help my case.Or is it too late has my fate been sealed.Can anyone help and give me some advice as what to do and what exactly ESA is.
I am so frustrated,anoyed,anixoius,upset,right now and in so much pain.I need your help.Thank You! :(

A TILOLAIRAM
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98437 by bro58

Lorraine Hanson wrote: In Dec 2012 I recieved the dreaded letter about the changeover from IB to ESA.
I sent my form in on Jan 14th signed for delivery.I had a phone call today informing me I have been placed in the support group without a medical.My 1st reaction I was over the moon at this decision, as the anxiety has made my all my illness worse. I am not sure if this is the correct answer. I was also told that is it only for 12 months, then I have to re apply. Also attend some interveiws at the jobcentre plus.I have been ill for over 20 years.I reliy on my family and friends for help and suport and I use a walking stick to help me.So fear of having to reapply after 12 months has just started me with a panic attack. My pain specailist Doctor, will not send me for a back operation as he says they do not always work.The condition I have will not get better just worse and I will never work again,We are managing the pain and it is high doasge of morphine in slow release and quick release tablets all day and night amongst other pain killers and heat treatement etc.This letter I only got yesterday, so too late to send it in with my form.Another letter from my other Doctor about all my medical conditions and the effects on my daily life.I am also on anti drepressant tablets and seeing a councilor for my depression. I recieved the letter today for my 1st appointment,I had my phone call appointment last week. I did not have these in time to send any copies back.Is there anything I can do to see if I can get this over turned.Would more infomation help my case.Or is it too late has my fate been sealed.Can anyone help and give me some advice as what to do and what exactly ESA is.
I am so frustrated,anoyed,anixoius,upset,right now and in so much pain.I need your help.Thank You! :(

Hi,

Firstly, well done on being placed into The SG without the need for a face to face !!! :woohoo:

A word of caution though, some members have fell victim to misinformation being given over the phone with regards to which ESA group they have been placed in.

Ideally, you need written confirmation in the form of a "Decision Notice" letter from The DWP.

If you have been placed into The SG, you will not have to attend any WFI's or WRA, although you can do so voluntarily if you wish.

All awards in either group, SG or WRAG come with a prognosis, which is the recommended length of the award before a claimant should be reassessed, see :

How often will I be reviewed

If you are in The SG, you will not only have a 365 days entitlement to CB ESA payments, as you would be subject to, if placed into The WRAG, in receipt of CB ESA, see :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

&

What will I be transferred to?

Therefore payment of CB ESA would continue for as long as you are still assessed as qualifying for The SG.

To sum up, you need written confirmation of your award, SG or WRAG.

Once you have obtained this, you could return to this topic thread with any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #98439 by bro58
Just to add, if your forum username is also your real name, you may wish to change it, as the forum can be read by the general public, see :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.