× Members

work capabilitity questionairre help

• fairyfizz
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98465 by fairyfizz
work capabilitity questionairre help was created by fairyfizz
I have received a letter saying i am being assesed for employment ans support allowance and will have to fill in a limited capability for work questionairre..

I receive income support plus about £24 on top because i am sick or disabled.

I also receive i think it is around £289 a month DLA and my dad gets carers allowance as he has to make sure i dont harm or is with me when i go out.

I am 40 not worked for 15 years i have mental health probs. I self harm, am very anxious and have been told i have borderline personality disorder no idea what that means. I have also harmed people in the past family members and people where i last worked.

I also have IBS and have a few accidents if not near toilet, not told my doctor about that, too ashamed but i am diagnosed with ibs.

If i fail the assessment will i automaically lose my DLA? I am very scared by this, not good with people or being around them the way they look at me funny and talk about me so i can scared that i will be sent out to work and be forced to be with people. Would rather die than do that and i am thinking i would be better off as i am so depressed and scardd.

I have not seen my psychiatrist for 3 years as he decided i was ok on my own. He wrote down on my last letter that i was not willing to do voulntary work. I would love to do work but am terrified being near people.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98471 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic work capabilitity questionairre help
fairyfizz

I will be honest and say that there is a possibility, however, it is not automatic, I can't quantify the risk, as we usually only hear from people who have had a problem, and have no idea of the numbers that have not.

My best avice is for you to complete the ESA50 in as much detail as possible and to provide what evidence you can.

Our ESA guides are available on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Please be aware that the ESA50 was changed on Monday, so you will need to check that you are using the right guides for the version of the form you have received.

If you have any questions, please reply to this topic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• fairyfizz
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98473 by fairyfizz
Replied by fairyfizz on topic work capabilitity questionairre help
Thank you. It is so confusing reading the questions asked. Also i have physical health probs as well as mental so do the new rules mean i can only put down one or the other. What will they do if i put down both. Last time i filled in a form 3 years ago i put down both although when i first started claiming it was for mental health but since then my physical health has deterioated.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98476 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic work capabilitity questionairre help

fairyfizz wrote: Thank you. It is so confusing reading the questions asked. Also i have physical health probs as well as mental so do the new rules mean i can only put down one or the other. What will they do if i put down both. Last time i filled in a form 3 years ago i put down both although when i first started claiming it was for mental health but since then my physical health has deterioated.

Yes, you can and should complete the physical section of the form as well as the Mental Health part.

The change means that you can only score points in the physical section if you have an underlying physical condition and points in the mental health section if you have a mental health problem.

However, many people suffer from both physical and mental health problems, and therefore would still potentially score points on both sections.

Our updated guides cover this in more detail.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• fairyfizz
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 months ago #98482 by fairyfizz
Replied by fairyfizz on topic work capabilitity questionairre help
Thank you. So glad i found this site, the guides are teaching me so much, my dad always fills my forms in and he is now reading them so he knows what to write. He said the way the questions are worded is unbelieveabllle. You are real angels for sick and disabld.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.