× Members

New claim for ESA

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98475 by benefits61
New claim for ESA was created by benefits61
Hi I am CB ESA ( long expired 365 rule) and have a tribunal hearing next week, hopefully with all your advice I will win!!

But if I dont I would like to apply again as my condition has deterorated.

The DWP has said they dont want me to have anothe medical for 3 years ( Ive been parked) and that they are not going to pay my stamps anymore, presumably because I have 45 years full stamps already.

As contribution based ESA goes on the last year of your contributions will I still be eligable?

Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #98478 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New claim for ESA
I assume that you are appeaing for Support Group having been awarded WRAG? If this is the case, you can ask for a supersession in future, on the grounds that your condition has worstened, as long as you have kept your ESA claim live meanwhile. If you break your claim at any stage (by not returning ESA50 or attending 'medical' when required or telling DWP that you no longer wish to claim) you would not have the NI contributions to reclaim contributary benefit and would have to rely on meeting the means test for income-related ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #98480 by benefits61
Replied by benefits61 on topic New claim for ESA
This seems so unfair, they seem to have me always. I have been fighting this since march 2011.

This is even more pressure on me for the tribunal.

Thankyou for the info.

regards

Annken

More
11 years 2 months ago #98489 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic New claim for ESA
Was I correct in assuming hat you are appealing to get into the Support Group from WRAG, or are you appealing against a 'fit to work' decision?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.